The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheInvincibles14
Wouldn't get ahead of yourself.

Wigan vs Newcastle
Chelsea vs Newcastle
Newcastle vs Man City
Everton vs Newcastle

You could drop points in all of those games.

Haha but...

Wigan on paper is easy
Chelsea are playing loads of games
City will be out of the race most likely
Everton will be relatively comfortable going into the last game.

I think the arse are worried!! We have everything to play for, you have everything to lose :P
Looked like a good match. Love how much competition is going on for those places. Could only take one or two mistakes by Arsenal to see them quite a bit further down.
Chelsea match could be pretty dam influential :O
City could be a big stop for where you finish, but you should beat them, not that I have any reason to believe you will :colone:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4042
I'm in absolute dreamland :sogood:

4th oh my god....

Tiote and Cabaye were phenomenal today.
Williamson had a great game as well.
Another sell out as well :congrats: Amazing support.
QPR coming through... the stars appear to be aligning. :moon:
4th! Boom! Great day.
Time for my weekly session of staring at the table in awe for 15 minutes. :gah:
Reply 4046
Remember we haven't played anybody yet...

:moon:

:teehee:
Original post by TM94
Remember we haven't played anybody yet...

:moon:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1825309

Reply 4048

Love that

"They won't be in contention for a top 4 place, but they'll still have a fairly good season I think."

"Yeah, they have a good team but it is not even close to being a top 4 side."

"Not saying Newcastle are going to finish top 6"

(that's just from first few pages)
Reply 4050
Original post by Stevo112
Haha but...

Wigan on paper is easy

I think the arse are worried!! We have everything to play for, you have everything to lose :P

What a naive post.

A great scenario is if you get 4th over us and we win the Champs League and take your spot :biggrin:
First on MOTD :teeth:
Original post by Stevo112

Wigan on paper is easy

-Wigan recently beat Arsenal and United and are fighting for survival
-Regardless of games play, Chelsea are on decent form and have just beaten Barcelona
-City aren't going to be out of the title race, they've got a full strength team and are on their early season form
-Everton won't be lax regardless of where they are, if they've got nothing to loose they'll be more likely to play better and going to Goodison is one of the toughest fixtures in the league

Don't get ahead of yourself. I want Newcastle to get Champions league, but you can't be naive about the fixtures you're coming up against.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by JB20
What a naive post.

A great scenario is if you get 4th over us and we win the Champs League and take your spot :biggrin:

your gonna get spanked by barca at their yard. then you'll have to get a champions league place the long way, i.e. beating us.
Realistically, how many points do you expect to get out of the 4 remaining games? I see Arsenal getting 7 from our remaining 3.
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Realistically, how many points do you expect to get out of the 4 remaining games? I see Arsenal getting 7 from our remaining 3.

I think 7 is a pretty realistic amount for us too. We need to beat Wigan to put us in a good position though.
Original post by sr90

Can't see Arsenal getting anything away at Stoke. They'll win the other two comfortably, though.

I think we'll get a point. Stoke aren't in good form but neither are we (relatively). I don't think it'll be too comfortable but we should win the other two.
Reply 4057
Nevermind Newcastle for Champions League footy next year, what about...

Newcastle for 3rd?!
Original post by Stu Laverty
I think 7 is a pretty realistic amount for us too. We need to beat Wigan to put us in a good position though.

I actually feel that's what Tottenham could get as well. They've got Bolton away and isn't that their banana skin? Can't really remember. Could see them drawing against Blackburn or possibly Fulham.

If that's the case, I'm happy as an Arsenal fan. However, predicting results has been anything but easy this season.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4059
Original post by mau5
Where are the rumours about Ben Arfa's discipline coming from? :s-smilie:

They were spot on weren't they? :lol:

:nooo: