The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Stevo112
got some snaps from today :biggrin:

How was the atmosphere down there?
Original post by RoaminBlue
City fan in peace. You guys have had a fantastic season and pardew has been first class. Manager of the season for me (obviously joint with bobby if we beat qpr next week and the unthinkable happens) your attacking play has been great this campaign, I was impressed with clichy today as Ben arfa has made so many full backs look like division one standard.

Ba and cisse have been incredible, particularly ba. Since cisse's arrival he has worked just as hard as a team player, excellent movement and great at creating space.

Anyway hope you guys get third, you've got a good fan base and I think your support is much like our own. Gallows humour and pessimistic!!! Good luck for the rest of the season

Rich comming for a city fan (humour and pessimistic) hahaaahahaha.
You bought the premier league.

Agree with the rest though
Original post by KingGoonIan
How was the atmosphere down there?

Great in shearer's bar and stuff

The stand I was in was pretty quiet for most of the game :tongue: but the applause for the lap of honour was incredible.
Great in shearer's bar and stuff

The stand I was in was pretty quiet for most of the game :tongue: but the applause for the lap of honour was incredible.

Decent view and I suppose it's good for hearing the other singing sections.

Will you be sitting there next time?
Reply 4604
Original post by The_Male_Melons

It's true though, before the takeover City always had a good following and support despite not having the success.
Original post by mau5
It's true though, before the takeover City always had a good following and support despite not having the success.

They sure did have a great following in Dubai before the Arab takeover :rolleyes:

If you do consider us to have bought the league, how is it "rich" to suggest our fanbase is similar? Or is that an off the cuff response to something you don't know owt about. Take it you aren't a magpie then?
They sure did have a great following in Dubai before the Arab takeover :rolleyes:

Ah right you're a scummer. Firstly, Abu Dhabi. Secondly, where in manc did you grow up then? And finally do you know much about your own history? I'll give you a starting point google 1902 and a man named davies.
Decent view and I suppose it's good for hearing the other singing sections.

Will you be sitting there next time?

Yea man, had a bit of banter with the substitutes :biggrin: Plus the view was amazing. Cissé and ba were playing more on the right side together so didn't see much of them :frown:
Original post by Gob Bluth
Lambert and Rodgers have to up there as they have exceeded expectations at both clubs. Remember Norwich made 2 straight promotions from League 1 before this season. That alone puts him up above both Mancini and Pardew.

You're right, Lambert and Rodgers have done brilliantly and Lambert has been incredible for Norwich. However were basing this award on this season and the step up from mid table to the top 4/5is much tougher than anywhere else in the league.

But yeah, great managers. Moyes is also a great manager though I'm sure there's no love lost from his pov
Yea man, had a bit of banter with the substitutes :biggrin: Plus the view was amazing. Cissé and ba were playing more on the right side together so didn't see much of them :frown:

Nice one mate, might try it myself then.

Simpson winked at my girlfriend once when we were in the East stand - I think because of the hat she was wearing. I have since sold him on FIFA 12 got £4.6M for him too.
x

The lads a troll stop feeding him.
Ah right you're a scummer. Firstly, Abu Dhabi. Secondly, where in manc did you grow up then? And finally do you know much about your own history? I'll give you a starting point google 1902 and a man named davies.

You have to go far back as 1902. We are talking about "Now" though. At least United was always Mancunian even have ties in the old Lancashire days unlike a certain other "chelsea-type" club that has Stockport fans.

I am not from Manchester anyway.

Since then, United have managed to buy players etc... because of success they built up.

Not like City- quite fitting, resides in a council house and has money thrown. Shame, you not earned your success. Go back to Stockport.

City aren't like N'Castle in any shape or form.
(edited 11 years ago)
The lads a troll stop feeding him.

Your post was clearly necessary. :rolleyes:
Anyway, I am done.
You have to go far back as 1902. We are talking about "Now" though. At least United was always Mancunian even have ties in the old Lancashire days unlike a certain other "chelsea-type" club that has Stockport fans.

I am not from Manchester anyway.

Since then, United have managed to buy players etc... because of success they built up.

Not like City- quite fitting, resides in a council house and has money thrown. Shame, you not earned your success. Go back to Stockport.

City aren't like N'Castle in any shape or form.

I knoe you're not a manc. cliches about council house Stockport, etc. Manc reds I respect, they know their own history and ours. You're an outsider. You belong no where near either club

Suggesting the blues don't have a manc history is fookin laughable. Gorton not manc?

Finally, the irony of a non manc saying go back to Stockport. You're an embarrassment

If I thought you had any brains is continue, but I want to respect the geordies. Only came to say congrats.

But if you have two brain cells to rub together think about why clubs have to spend money to be competitive. Why are we in this situation.
Reply 4615
Anyone watching the Wigan game? Someones kitted a chicken out in Blackburn gear and released it onto the pitch :rofl: :rofl:
Original post by mau5
Anyone watching the Wigan game? Someones kitted a chicken out in Blackburn gear and released it onto the pitch :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: poor chicken!
Original post by mau5

Reply 4618
Kompany :h:

Reply 4619
Just unlucky on Sunday really. As the game went on, Both teams were evenly matched i thought. It was going to take a piece of magic to separate the teams. Then Yaya Toure popped up with it. He's such a good player.

Cant believe people left the stadium as the 2nd goal went in. :facepalm2: not even waiting for the lap of honour.

Fair play to most of the Man City fans too. Stayed back and clapped our players during that lap.

From that lap it looks like Lovenkrands is definately away. Came back out and waved and clapped. Looking quite upset. His contract is up and he mustn't be getting a new one. Maybes not the best player in the squad but his commitment and work rate is second to none. Hopefully he find a good club next season with lots of first team football.

Shola's Kid. Anyone see Shola's bairn doing the lap of honour? Stood at the touchline opposite us and jumped and clapped. Shola was just laughing.

Also how many kids has Williamson got? I'm sure i counted 7?

Latest