The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TCD23
Makes me laugh, half a season and apparently the media reckon that Cisse might be leaving, what utter crap. He would cost two times as much as Carroll and would be 50 mil at min considering we paid 10 for him and have him on something like five years.

Cisse wont leave. He has no reason to.
Reply 4761
Apart from wanting to move to a more successful club where he could earn more money, i agree, he has no reason at all to move.
Original post by HoA23
Apart from wanting to move to a more successful club where he could earn more money, i agree, he has no reason at all to move.

Ok, name me a club bigger than Newcastle that would need Cisse.
Reply 4763
He's been here half a season, he won't leave now. The 4 teams above Newcastle don't need him, and he probably wouldn't get a game every week.

Is there not a rule that you can't have 2 transfers in a year anyway? (I'm pretty sure there is on Football Manager 2007:awesome:)
Reply 4764
Original post by Darth Vader 7
Ok, name me a club bigger than Newcastle that would need Cisse.

He is a brilliant goalscorer. Any of the European elite.
Original post by HoA23
He is a brilliant goalscorer. Any of the European elite.

Name them.
Reply 4766
Name them.

Ok... Chelsea need a goalscorer, Man Utd are on the look out too. Real Madrid have had him watched and i am sure there would be more suitors.
Original post by HoA23
Ok... Chelsea need a goalscorer, Man Utd are on the look out too. Real Madrid have had him watched and i am sure there would be more suitors.

Don't really see Chelsea going for him. Probably will go for Cavani but again, it's a sideways move if they don't win the CL (however, he will get a lot more money in wages).

Man Utd have enough strikers. They got Rooney, Hernandez and Welbeck. Don't see why they'd need Cisse.

Madrid? He would be a bench warmer at Madrid. As good as Cisse is, Higuain and Benzema are different class atm.
Reply 4768
Madrid want to shift Higuain, they will need another.

Chelsea isn't a sideways move, plus as you have said he will get more money, which is what it is about.

Man Utd may have many strikers, but they are nothing special bar Rooney. Cisse is better than both Hernandez and Welbeck.
Original post by HoA23

Chelsea isn't a sideways move, plus as you have said he will get more money, which is what it is about.

Man Utd may have many strikers, but they are nothing special bar Rooney. Cisse is better than both Hernandez and Welbeck.

Agree to disagree I guess. I highly doubt he'd move after only half a season at Newcastle.
Reply 4770
Agree to disagree I guess. I highly doubt he'd move after only half a season at Newcastle.

Agreed, Cisse has already said he is looking forward to next season in the Europa League. So he will be here next season at least. Unless we get a stupid offer in for him.

Cabaye, Krul, Tiote and Colla have all stated they are happy here and will not be leaving.

Only leaves Ba really.
Original post by Vintage

Only leaves Ba really.

It worries me that Ba hasn't signed a new contract yet. But AP said in that radio interview that Ba has more emotional interest than financial interest so hopefully we can 'woo' him into staying.
Reply 4772
Original post by HoA23

Ibrahimovic is probably the only striker at the moment that would improve Real, there's not a chance they'd even think of getting rid of Higuain and replacing him with Cisse.

I think both Man U and Chelsea would be daft if they didn't go in for Radamel Falcao this summer though. I'm quite surprised neither seem interested in Yann M'vila as well, he'd be a steal if he goes for the £18m that's being touted around at the moment.
Reply 4773
Just to add about M'Vila he's a bit of a nutter on the quiet like and hasn't had the greatest of seasons so £18 million could be quite steep but I'm sure someone like Wenger could sort him out.
Original post by HoA23

Welbeck is only 21 or so. He's very young. If he improves his first touch and finishing he'll be a great asset. To buy someone like Cisse would hamper his development.

Newcastle will only sell him for silly money (as with Carroll). You really think Manchester United can afford even £20 million on Cisse? Especially when Midfield and possibly LB is a priority?
Reply 4775
Original post by River85
Welbeck is only 21 or so. He's very young. If he improves his first touch and finishing he'll be a great asset. To buy someone like Cisse would hamper his development.

Newcastle will only sell him for silly money (as with Carroll). You really think Manchester United can afford even £20 million on Cisse? Especially when Midfield and possibly LB is a priority?

You mean Right Back? Left Back they've got Evra.

But you are right. They have other priorities at the minute. Maybes if Arsenal sell RVP they'll come in for Cisse. But with RVPs contract out next season. They'd have to pay more for Cisse then they'd get for RVP.
Reply 4776
Looks like we've dodged another bullet with Ravel Morrison

Imagine him and Nile Ranger :facepalm2:
Original post by Vintage

But you are right. They have other priorities at the minute. Maybes if Arsenal sell RVP they'll come in for Cisse. But with RVPs contract out next season. They'd have to pay more for Cisse then they'd get for RVP.

No offence but Arsenal in my opinion would never go for Cisse. If Arsenal had to replace Van Persie, it'd have to be a player that isn't in England. Probably would go for Giroud, Cavani (doubtful) or someone of that ilk. Cisse wouldn't fit in into the "Arsenal system".
Original post by Vintage

No, left back. Right back there's Rafael (who's a fantastic prospect if he can sort out his positioning and stay fit), Smalling and Jones.

Evra has been rubbish most of this season and is one reason why the league was lost. He wasn't particularly great last season either. A new left back is needed to provide much needed competition for Evra (who is no spring chicken) and, if Evra doesn't buck his ideas up, to act as a replacement.
Reply 4779
Original post by Sammys_Tekkers
I didn't know discussing players looks was classed a trolling :frown:

Giroud is a must buy.

Latest