Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Newcastle United F.C Society Thread II

Announcements Posted on
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    You mean Right Back? Left Back they've got Evra.

But you are right. They have other priorities at the minute. Maybes if Arsenal sell RVP they'll come in for Cisse. But with RVPs contract out next season. They'd have to pay more for Cisse then they'd get for RVP.
    No, left back. Right back there's Rafael (who's a fantastic prospect if he can sort out his positioning and stay fit), Smalling and Jones.

Evra has been rubbish most of this season and is one reason why the league was lost. He wasn't particularly great last season either. A new left back is needed to provide much needed competition for Evra (who is no spring chicken) and, if Evra doesn't buck his ideas up, to act as a replacement.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sammys_Tekkers)
    I didn't know discussing players looks was classed a trolling
    Giroud is a must buy.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind being speared by him.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Serious now, and at the LMA awards today Llambias said he reckons Simpson and Guthrie are both off. Debuchy will replace Simpson no doubt and that Ligue 2 midfielder who we apparently signed with replace Guthrie.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how far we are going to get in the Europa league next year...

Depending on the signings we make in the summer i'm going to stick a fat £50 on it. It has been way too long since our last (Decent) trophy....
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Serious now, and at the LMA awards today Llambias said he reckons Simpson and Guthrie are both off. Debuchy will replace Simpson no doubt and that Ligue 2 midfielder who we apparently signed with replace Guthrie.
    I recognise that username, N-O?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Yes he is.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    Yes :h: Rarely post there though, quite a shocker you recognise it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    mau5 i presume you post on NO?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes :h: Rarely post there though, quite a shocker you recognise it.
    I remembered the Frankie Sandford avatar.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mau5)
    I remembered the Frankie Sandford avatar.
    :lol: She's worth it
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle have moved to strengthen their Academy squad with the signing of 16- year-old Slovakian central defender Lubomir Satka, who has signed a three year deal.

Satka is the current captain of Slovakia's U17 side and moves from Dubnica - our Intertoto Cup opponents back in 2005.
    Another great young prospect secured. :coma:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another great young prospect secured. :coma:
    Sounds good. Hopefully this will continue in line with what was said about restructuring the academy.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriswuk)
    Sounds good. Hopefully this will continue in line with what was said about restructuring the academy.
    Yeah me too. Though i hope we start bringing some good English prospects through along with foreign ones.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah me too. Though i hope we start bringing some good English prospects through along with foreign ones.
    English prospects tend to turn out to be ****e and over-valued.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Gamiero told he can leave PSG already? That's strange, given there was so much competition for him last season.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    We made £7 million more from the Premier League this year due to finishing 5th. :borat:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TCD23)
    English prospects tend to turn out to be ****e and over-valued.
    But if we get them cheap at 15/16. Play them. They have a few games... We can sell them for ridiculous money :coma:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know Newcastle doesn't field that many English players in the starting eleven, but it still bothers me that no one from Newcastle made the Euros squad despite their best season in recent memory. Steven Taylor showed signs of progression and would have likely had a fantastic season and made the squad.

I dunno, just s'pose I'm disgruntled about players from big-name teams just going through the motions or, worse yet, having a lackluster season, and still being called up for international duty because of where they play. Same stuff year after year.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I Kant Spall)
    I know Newcastle doesn't field that many English players in the starting eleven, but it still bothers me that no one from Newcastle made the Euros squad despite their best season in recent memory. Steven Taylor showed signs of progression and would have likely had a fantastic season and made the squad.

I dunno, just s'pose I'm disgruntled about players from big-name teams just going through the motions or, worse yet, having a lackluster season, and still being called up for international duty because of where they play. Same stuff year after year.
    Your best players aren't English. Krul, Colo, Cabaye, Ben Arfa, Cisse, Ba.
Updated: June 23, 2014
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.