The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TM94
Would be funny as **** if Xisco came back and he was mint for us. The return of a Legend.

I think he just might be given another chance given all our fixtures next year but from what I remember of him he's completely ****. The amount of money we've wasted on him is ludicrous - I heard he was on 50k a week or something ridiculous like that
What ever happened to Adam Johnson?
Reply 4882
Original post by Chriswuk
I think he just might be given another chance given all our fixtures next year but from what I remember of him he's completely ****. The amount of money we've wasted on him is ludicrous - I heard he was on 50k a week or something ridiculous like that

Try £75k a week.

Nufc.com are class when they mention him. He scored at the weekend his first in about 14 games or something, Here's what nufc.com said about him.

él anota cuando él quiere...*

Wednesday evening saw Deportivo la Coruna secure a 2-1 win away to Gimnastic Taragona, thanks to an extra time strike from our Spanish superstar, Xisco.

Having managed just one goal in twelve previous outings this season, the £7m man appeared as a 77th minute substitute before conjuring up what NUFC.com reader Andy Ronan calls a "one yard screamer" on 94 minutes.

This victory - over the bottom side - leaves Deportivo on the verge of promotion to the top flight and that could be confirmed that if results go their way tomorrow, or else with three points at home to Huesca this coming Sunday.

It remains to be seen whether any agreement can be reached over the summer to end Xisco's time as a Magpie - with his contract finally expiring in June 2013.

* that's a haphazard translation of "he scores when he wants..."

:lol:
Original post by KingGoonIan

Still great but never plays for Man City for some reason. If he was willing to take a paycut I'd have him here.
Reply 4884
Original post by TCD23
Still great but never plays for Man City for some reason. If he was willing to take a paycut I'd have him here.

Definately. Quite how Downing & Milner got in the England squad ahead of him is a joke.

Same with Micah Richards.
Reply 4885
Ben Arfa and Cabaye both starting for France tomorrow.
Original post by mau5
Ben Arfa and Cabaye both starting for France tomorrow.

Apparently it's HBA's last chance to prove himself before the Euros?
Original post by mau5
We should be staying well clear of the Chelsea rejects. The only reason Kalou has been playing recently is because the alternatives are even worse.

Damn it, I thought the board were buying it. Oh well, on to liverpool, we'll just say they're english and change their passports. We'll get a good 100 million there.
interesting...

According to yahoo they played HBA as a striker! And cabaye was in midfield! They played OK.

Had a bet on France tonight... shocked to see that they were 2-1 down until the 85th minute :eek: 1/8 favourites as well. Thank god for Ribery and Rami :redface:

Not sure about playing HBA as a striker but I think if france team up HBA and cabaye in midfield then they have a good shot this year. I actually think france will win this world cup ! :eek:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4889
Original post by Stevo112
interesting...

According to yahoo they played HBA as a striker! And cabaye was in midfield! They played OK.

Had a bet on France tonight... shocked to see that they were 2-1 down until the 85th minute :eek: 1/8 favourites as well. Thank god for Ribery and Rami :redface:

Not sure about playing HBA as a striker but I think if france team up HBA and cabaye in midfield then they have a good shot this year. I actually think france will win this world cup ! :eek:

He didn't really play as a striker, they had Ben Arfa, Gourcuff and Menez all as attacking midfielders behind Benzema. He was the best out of that three mind, Gourcuff even got booed off :lol: Evra was terrible though, they have to replace him for the euro's.
I actually hope they don't have a great tournament, because if they do we'll not see them at the club next season.
Original post by Sephiroth
I actually hope they don't have a great tournament, because if they do we'll not see them at the club next season.

You kidding? They are both on something like four year contracts. If they have a good tournament neither would go for any less than 25 Mil.
Reply 4892
Original post by Sephiroth

This kind of. Plus the fact we are trying to get a couple of other French players (Debucey etc) and there value will rocket to above what we can afford.

Having said that, If England don't win, I'd prefer France to just for HBA & Cabaye. Or even Holland... Since Skelenburg is a big doubt Krul could be their no1.
Original post by KingGoonIan

Original post by TCD23

Original post by Vintage
Definately. Quite how Downing & Milner got in the England squad ahead of him is a joke.

Same with Micah Richards.

Interesting you guys were discussing this just a few days ago:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/900618-newcastle-and-sunderland-interested-in-manchester-citys-adam-johnson
Reply 4894

Interesting, but where would he play? The only reason really for him to move away from City is for more game-time - could you guarantee him that here? Might be difficult to do so, unless Marveaux has been given up on.
Original post by Abiraleft
Interesting, but where would he play? The only reason really for him to move away from City is for more game-time - could you guarantee him that here? Might be difficult to do so, unless Marveaux has been given up on.

Could replace Jonas.

But personally I don't see it happening because many of our decent signings have been heard about first through the NUFC website.
Reply 4896
Original post by Whey aye Cabaye
Could replace Jonas.

But personally I don't see it happening because many of our decent signings have been heard about first through the NUFC website.

Quality player. I'd have him. But yes that'd be Jonas losing his place at a cost. But we need to strengthern. So its a win win really.
Reply 4897
No way in hell should Jonas lose his place, he's been the unsung hero this season. I would love Adam Johnson here but I just don't see how we could fit him in especially with Marveaux coming back

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
I'd imagine that Sunderland would be Johnson's more likely destination unfortunately.
Canny random but I've been reminiscing about Sibierski today. :sogood:

Latest