Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Newcastle United F.C Society Thread II

Announcements Posted on
The Football forum needs another moderator! 19-04-2014
We're up for a Webby! Vote TSR to help us win. 10-04-2014
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Word is we've put in a new £10m offer for De Jong but its been rejected, Twente being greedy :beard:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Doubt that HBA will be in the french squad now after his bust up :rolleyes: Shame really, was hoping he would grab a goal or at least be used more in the french squad (aside from being a benchwarmer)

Good to see cabaye get a goal though, hopefully he can bag one and topple spain!
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    :beard:

Luuk De Jong eh? Interesting, unfortunately I see that as in Ba is definitely on his way out Would be a real statement of intent if we kept them both :sogood:

I will be really ****ing pissed off if Ba goes to West Ham for crying out loud, absolute joke but I'm confident that's just paper talk...

We're taking the piss with the Debuchy bid like :rofl2: £4 million jheeez.

Playing hard ball in negotiations :sexface:

Laughing at the rumour Ben Arfa will sign for Arsenal for £21 million.

We may as well not put in a team next season though I mean...

Krul is going to Tottenham or Chelsea
    Simpson to Fulham/QPR/Villa
    Coloccini to Citeh
    Santon to Roma
    Ben Arfa to Arsenal/Chelsea
    Tiote to Man U
    Cabaye to Man U/Arsenal/Chelsea
    Cisse to Citeh
    Ba to everyone

:dunce:
    I could see ba leaving as he's not the main man anymore, but I can also see him staying with his senegal team mate, no doubt the 4-3-3 system will still be adopted next season, but possibly rotating the striker role and giving cisse a rest at times might get ba some goals.

I could possibly see krul going to tottenham, but not yet as then friedel will complain and he's still a top keeper. The chelsea buying krul rumour has got to be the funniest rumour I've heard in my life, might as well say that wayne rooney is going to manchester city while we're at it.

Newcastle just need some squad depth, but I think newcastle should just aim for a top 4 challenge, but expect europa league qualification by coming 5th-7th or/and reaching a cup final. How do you feel about being in europe again though?

Debuchy could sort out the right back problem, it's just that you will have a lot of deadwood on your bench. Also, I reckon you might be stretching the finances a bit if you buy more players?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Seems the Ben Arfa thing has been blowing massively out of proportion. Nasri's always acting the **** so it's no surprise to see him at the forefront of all of this, Menez/Valbuena should be playing ahead of him as well really.

Matt Spiro ‏@mattspiro
    French media essentially focusing #FRA problems, on and off the pitch, on one man: Samir Nasri.
    As for Ben Arfa, he moved to the coach - but away from his teammates, to have been released while others, he said, had a lower yield. Boghossian says: "There was no clash between Hatem Ben Arfa and Laurent Blanc. Both were explained. They put the record straight and they shook hands. There is no worry at this level. "
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    two t-shirts for £20 offer from the NUFC shop :ahee:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGoonIan)
    :awesome:

Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Stadium of Light on Thursday night. Someone in the crowd stole his microphone. There's nothing those Mackems won't steal :p:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)

Saw Bruce Springsteen at the Stadium of Light on Thursday night. Someone in the crowd stole his microphone. There's nothing those Mackems won't steal :p:
    Saw the chilli peppers there last night. I felt so dirty i had to have a shower when i got home straight away.

Horrible inbred hicks.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Home kit should be revealed soon...
    Won't be getting it anyway, want one of the retro ones they sell at the club shop :sogood:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Home kit should be revealed soon...
    Won't be getting it anyway, want one of the retro ones they sell at the club shop :sogood:
    I'm so glad I got one of the older kits. Can't say I'm too fond of wearing a kit that says VIRGIN on the front.
    • 33 followers

(Original post by I Kant Spall)
    I'm so glad I got one of the older kits. Can't say I'm too fond of wearing a kit that says VIRGIN on the front.
    :rofl: Repped!
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)

Coincidence; I just got back from the Isle of Wight where I saw Bruce Springsteen getting off his own ferry.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Any of the locals see the flash floods? Absolutely insane haven't seen weather like it :lolwut:

Couple of things happening recently...

Apparently we have agreed a fee to sign young Aussie defender Curtis Good.
    The Journal reported we have made another bid for Debuchy.
    Gladbach the team that signed Hoillett have made a bid for De Jong, a team that can offer Champions League football and the money Twente are looking for. :nn:
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Heard the weather is unbelievable in the toon atm...

Luckily for me am in the boiling hot sun in Surrey
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Its mental mate, honestly it was like Armageddon lol

Metro Centre had to be evacuated, canoes in the streets and all sorts.
    Grey Street is like a river.
    Central Station flooded out.
    Crazy stuff :lolwut:
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TM94)
    Any of the locals see the flash floods? Absolutely insane haven't seen weather like it :lolwut:

Couple of things happening recently...

Apparently we have agreed a fee to sign young Aussie defender Curtis Good.
    The Journal reported we have made another bid for Debuchy.
    Gladbach the team that signed Hoillett have made a bid for De Jong, a team that can offer Champions League football and the money Twente are looking for. :nn:
    I had my graduation yesterday (in Durham) so got caught up in it on the way back. It took us three hours to get from Durham to Ryton (20ish miles).

We could see the lighting after leaving Durham, approaching Tyneside, then the sky just went black. Before we knew it we were having to wade through two feet of water. It was about 30 minutes after we left the Western Bypass and MetroCentre that it was announced it was closing. Quite a few people broken down and all the manhole covers just blown off with water gushing out.
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hoping all my fellow TSR Newcastle United posters are staying safe and well in this horrendous weather.
    • 108 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGoonIan)
    Hoping all my fellow TSR Newcastle United posters are staying safe and well in this horrendous weather.
    It's bizarre, I live down south and it's been bright bright sunshine! Crazy seeing pictures of Newcastle!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Cullercoats looked more like Venice last night, was absolutely insane.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scriggy)
    Cullercoats looked more like Venice last night, was absolutely insane.
    You just got the 5000th post in the thread soooo repped.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: April 23, 2014
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.