The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

****ing horrendous.
I rarely post, if at all, I'm just an avid reader!
But Christ that was awful, no one seems bothered, is it bad that I was happy when de jong went off injured?

When's the final game, I for one cannot wait till the final whistle!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redrose_ftw
But Christ that was awful, no one seems bothered, is it bad that I was happy when de jong went off injured?

Posted from TSR Mobile

was chuffed went de Jong went off, I didn't think they deserved a win at all! It probably should have been a draw, but tiote had to go give them a flaming penalty!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by redrose_ftw

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Abbieastoria
was chuffed went de Jong went off, I didn't think they deserved a win at all! It probably should have been a draw, but tiote had to go give them a flaming penalty!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sort of hoping we finish 11th now, just so they don't get their alleged bonuses. Is that bad? :K:
Original post by scriggy
I'm sort of hoping we finish 11th now, just so they don't get their alleged bonuses. Is that bad? :K:

No I was thinking the same thing, I hope we lose all remaining games so at least te board realise how dire this team is and don't think oh well at least were picking up a couple of points here and there. If we lose 8 games in a row they surely have to make changes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9745
Original post by scriggy

Original post by Abbieastoria
No I was thinking the same thing, I hope we lose all remaining games so at least te board realise how dire this team is and don't think oh well at least were picking up a couple of points here and there. If we lose 8 games in a row they surely have to make changes

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah same here, Although that just saves Ashley more money, I'm done with this club. I couldn't care less at the minute, Its not even as if we have any positives to take out of all these defeats. We have been absolutely awful. How Pardew can defend the team or himself is embarrassing.

Gateshead have a real chance of winning the play-offs into League 2 this season. If they do I can see fans in their thousands going over the river to watch them. (I'll be watching Blyth Spartans and Gateshead regardless next season, I'd rather pay less and watch better football)
Original post by Vintage

Gateshead have a real chance of winning the play-offs into League 2 this season. If they do I can see fans in their thousands going over the river to watch them. (I'll be watching Blyth Spartans and Gateshead regardless next season, I'd rather pay less and watch better football)

I knew nowt about Gateshead until recently when I read up about them. Didn't realise they've basically been slowly growing the club over the last 20/30 years.

New stadium in the pipeline, rising attendances, good youth set up, huge scope for attracting new fans... Only a matter of time before they're Football League tbh.
Anyone take Moyes? I would over Pardew and I don't even like Moyes, I just ****ing hate Pardew.
Original post by Conzy210
Anyone take Moyes? I would over Pardew and I don't even like Moyes, I just ****ing hate Pardew.

Absolutely would. Highly doubt it will happen though. The board at Man U are idiots. They only have themselves to blame for the future now.
I would and I'm sure they'll be considering it, but he'll actually want paying properly and want assurances over transfer budgets and ambition.

Will more likely be Tim Sherwood, another charlatan cockney chancer. :facepalm2:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Absolutely would. Highly doubt it will happen though. The board at Man U are idiots. They only have themselves to blame for the future now.

Original post by scriggy
I would and I'm sure they'll be considering it, but he'll actually want paying properly and want assurances over transfer budgets and ambition.

Will more likely be Tim Sherwood, another charlatan cockney chancer. :facepalm2:

A journalist from the Mirror (forgot his name) seems to think Ashley is a huge fan of Moyes, which may well be true. I agree though that Moyes would most likely avoid coming to us though, even at Everton on a small budget the chairman there always seems to have the interests of the club on the pitch at heart, something Ashley clearly doesn't.

It'd be very easy for Moyes to come here and do very poorly due to lack of funds and support, something that could well and truly **** is career up.

The odds on him coming here next have shortened dramatically though, so fingers crossed.
Original post by Conzy210
A journalist from the Mirror (forgot his name) seems to think Ashley is a huge fan of Moyes, which may well be true. I agree though that Moyes would most likely avoid coming to us though, even at Everton on a small budget the chairman there always seems to have the interests of the club on the pitch at heart, something Ashley clearly doesn't.

It'd be very easy for Moyes to come here and do very poorly due to lack of funds and support, something that could well and truly **** is career up.

The odds on him coming here next have shortened dramatically though, so fingers crossed.

Yeah I broadly agree but I just don't see it. Would be a terrible move for him tbh. Best he could hope for here would be another Everton scenario.

Hate to say it but he'd be better off at West Ham if they get shot of Allardyce. The scope for improvement there is huge with the new stadium around the corner, and the owners actually put their hands in their pockets.
Ask yourself though, who'd want to come to Newcastle? Who'd want to shake hands with Mike Ashley and pose with false smiles for the cameras, to inherit a dressing room full of disillusioned players, most of whom are preparing to leave at the end of the season? Who'd want to willingly sign up to be part of a regime under which they have little or no control over transfers and are totally isolated from the press, who are lambasting them anyway because they're feeding on scraps?

I love this club, always have and I always will but until there's a culture change at the very top, don't expect anything to change. If David Moyes knows what's good for him, he'll run a country mile before signing any paperwork with Newcastle.
I like this guy >
Original post by tjohnston101
x
Someone already mentioned West Ham, but you've got Aston Villa potentially being taken over and also West Brom, a very well run club who will probably be getting rid of Mel in the summer. Should Norwich stAy up that's another possibility, as he'd get more backing in the transfer market there than he did at Everton. Wouldn't rule out Spurs either.

Ashley won't sack Pardew unless he can find another yes man.
BmQGGb5CQAEfaxt.jpg
Anyone spotted this?

Apparently it's over his negativity, but could anyone blame him? Yes, he's a bit sticky but at the same time he barely sees any game time despite being one of the better players in the squad, plus it seems Pardew is making him a bit of a scapegoat for all of Newcastle's problems
Original post by tjohnston101
BmQGGb5CQAEfaxt.jpg
Anyone spotted this?

Apparently it's over his negativity, but could anyone blame him? Yes, he's a bit sticky but at the same time he barely sees any game time despite being one of the better players in the squad, plus it seems Pardew is making him a bit of a scapegoat for all of Newcastle's problems

I can see both sides tbf. He's probably the most naturally talented player at the club, but he's put on loads of weight recently, he's lazy at tracking back and just generally frustrating and indisciplined.
Any of you gadgies g'an doon to Londoon tomorra?
HBA is tresssss amazing! Hope Pardew goes and not him :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9759
Original post by Zürich
Any of you gadgies g'an doon to Londoon tomorra?

No chance. Not travelling all those miles to see us trounced 4-5-6-0

Used to place bets on Newcastle v teams like Arsenal and included ambitious results even draws. All my bets for tonight include 2-0 3-0 4-0, 5-0 and 6-0. I don't have one bet that includes Newcastle actually scoring.

Latest