The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VQG
What sort of reception will Carroll get against you lot?

It was pretty negative when we played at Anfield back in May, if I remember rightly.
Reply 1881
1756: On a serious note, do you think any of the top six sides may take a look at Demba Ba in January? He is scoring all sorts of goals at the moment. A free-kick the other day, headers, scrappy goals like today's effort. He and Gary Cahill had a right old battle as well, he can mix it up. I'll start the bidding at, say £8m? Who will buy?

The BBC can **** of with **** like this. Top 6 sides? We're one point of top 6 ourselves man, and £8m? He's scored 21 in 25 starts in his first year in English football and got the best shot to goal ratio in the league £8m would be an insult.
Reply 1882
Original post by mau5
The BBC can **** of with **** like this. Top 6 sides? We're one point of top 6 ourselves man, and £8m? He's scored 21 in 25 starts in his first year in English football and got the best shot to goal ratio in the league £8m would be an insult.

I can safely say i think Llambias would laugh in the faces of anyone if an £8m bid was recieved.
Aye I'm pretty confident Demba won't be going anywhere for a while. He seems happy here, is under contract for another 2 and a half years, and things are generally going well.

On current form he must be worth at least £20mil, and it wouldn't be worth our while to sell him for any less than that. However, I doubt anyone will stump up that much for him on account of his gammy knee. Clubs were reluctant to take a chance on him as a free transfer in the summer; it's hardly likely they'll be queuing up 6 months later to buy him for £10mil+.
Reply 1884
#StealDembasPassport
Hey planning to go to QPR at home, it will be my first home game of this season.

Can you still get a student discount on home tickets this season?

Thanks.
And Stoke have drawn meaning that we are sitting in 7th place five points clear. Oh and one point behind Liverpool, and we're playing them next. In other words we could finish the season in 5th if Arsenal fail to win one of their next matches. Plus we've got two proper CD's back in the squad alongside two proper Mids and two proper strikers. Woo. We can do it (5th place).
Reply 1887
Original post by TCD23
And Stoke have drawn meaning that we are sitting in 7th place five points clear. Oh and one point behind Liverpool, and we're playing them next. In other words we could finish the season in 5th if Arsenal fail to win one of their next matches. Plus we've got two proper CD's back in the squad alongside two proper Mids and two proper strikers. Woo. We can do it (5th place).

:lolwut: Do you mean finish the year?
Original post by Abiraleft
:lolwut: Do you mean finish the year?

Yes
I'd grab 7th with both hands right now, but 6th would be... :sogood:

^ Not sure what planet you're on with 5th, though. :lolwut:
Reply 1890
Original post by KingGoonIan
Hey planning to go to QPR at home, it will be my first home game of this season.

Can you still get a student discount on home tickets this season?

Thanks.
You can from the box office but I'm not sure you can online - if so the option was very well hidden when I searched for tickets to the Spurs match!

Say hi to Joey for me. :smile:
Reply 1891
Not a good all round performance, but much needed victory. Nice to see Ben Arfa score and immediately rush to the fans - great finish also (great cross from Raylor also). Demba clinical as always. Good to have Willo back - he lacks the class of Colo but was solid and composed and very impressive given it was his first game in ages, not that Bolton offered much mind.
Original post by MrPhil
You can from the box office but I'm not sure you can online - if so the option was very well hidden when I searched for tickets to the Spurs match!

Say hi to Joey for me. :smile:

Yeah I just checked and you can't but the tickets are quite cheap at £25 for the Gallowgate end anyway.

PS do you want it to be a friendly hi?
Reply 1893
Yeah I just checked and you can't but the tickets are quite cheap at £25 for the Gallowgate end anyway.

PS do you want it to be a friendly hi?
Yeah no need for anything aggressive, though you if you like you can instigate a conversation about George Orwell and Friedrich Nietzsche as I've heard he's a big fan of their work.
Original post by MrPhil
Yeah no need for anything aggressive, though you if you like you can instigate a conversation about George Orwell and Friedrich Nietzsche as I've heard he's a big fan of their work.

Yeah I follow him on twitter.

Do you think he'll get a good reception or a bad reception?
Reply 1895

Think he'll get a booing from some fans, but probably not most. It won't be anything too hostile anyway, but there may be some chanting.
Hi there, I've heard some students getting their season tickets for relatively "cheap" prices (~ £100 for part season tickets), is this true, and where can I get the best deal?
Reply 1897

Barton will get a great reception.

At the start.

May be a little awkward if they win / he starts fouling everyone.

Also here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16345791.stm

Load of **** it's like it's impossible to buy two players in a single transfer window?

Latest