The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1960
Original post by Karma Charger
Typical angry fan reaction. And lol 5 players, we're not going to get 2. What do you think playing Best would have honestly accomplished? Just more balls hoofed up, he's not very good with the ball at his feet, all he'd do is just pass it backwards or sideways.

I think Best is under-rated. Always contributes to Demba's goals. He's a handful in the box. Liverpool had both CB's marking Demba. If Best was on. It would have been different. Although hindsight is a wonderful thing. If Vuckic had played a blinder and banged on in from 30 yards we'd be praising Pardew on his risk..

Also i agree we need 5 players but we'll not get 2. Even if we end up selling.
Am I the only one who was impressed with Tioté? When all the other Newcastle players forgot to show up today, the little Ivorian played his goddamn heart out. A bad pass here or there, yeah, but he single-handedly controlled the tempo of the game on offense and defense. He's a great dribbler and even threw a couple skills in to break free of multiple men. The tackle he made that led to Bellamy's free kick goal was perfectly clean and although I forget who it was who went down, the decision was surely awarded as a result of player collision and not a bad challenge. It was a battle in the midfield today, and there'd be a lot more casualties if it weren't for Mr. Forehead himself.

- Colo was brilliant, even for his standard. Conceding 3 goals is not a fair reflection of how well he played today. So many solid clearances, not to mention having to handle constant back passes from an overburdened midfield.
- Obertan makes one good pass a game.
- Krul played more balls forward than the midfielders.
- Raylor still can't defend.
- Carroll still can't score.
- Vuckic should never have started ahead of Ben Arfa, especially in a fixture at Anfield. Pardew's stubbornness is starting to affect results.
Reply 1962
Original post by I Kant Spall
Am I the only one who was impressed with Tioté? s.

Yes.

He was shocking.
If Obertan and Gutierrez were ever in more advanced positions the formation would've worked. Instead they were literally about 10 metres from both our fullbacks the entire match.
Worst performance of the season today. No question. :sadnod:
Reply 1965
That was absolute rubbish. We are simply a terrible team to watch. While we have players who can do some fine stuff on their day, they insist on giving the ball away on regular occasions. How on earth is Obertan a footballer? He may be rapid but he is complete rubbish with the ball at his feet - some people just look like they have good futures, and unfortunately Obertan does not. Ben Arfa as well - I thought he was unlucky not to start but then I'm not so sure after his 'performance'. I thought the guy had a rapid turn of pace, but he just seems reluctant to run when he picks the ball up, instead choosing to wait for several defenders to surround him before he unsurprisingly surrenders possession. Oh and don't get me started on Simpson - it was never a free-kick but the idiot had to mess it up didn't he. What he was doing I have no idea.

I don't mind losing to better teams normally, but this performance really pissed me off. Pardew has a lot to think about.
Reply 1966
Original post by MrPhil
That was absolute rubbish. We are simply a terrible team to watch. While we have players who can do some fine stuff on their day, they insist on giving the ball away on regular occasions. How on earth is Obertan a footballer? He may be rapid but he is complete rubbish with the ball at his feet - some people just look like they have good futures, and unfortunately Obertan does not. Ben Arfa as well - I thought he was unlucky not to start but then I'm not so sure after his 'performance'. I thought the guy had a rapid turn of pace, but he just seems reluctant to run when he picks the ball up, instead choosing to wait for several defenders to surround him before he unsurprisingly surrenders possession. Oh and don't get me started on Simpson - it was never a free-kick but the idiot had to mess it up didn't he. What he was doing I have no idea.

I don't mind losing to better teams normally, but this performance really pissed me off. Pardew has a lot to think about.

I can't 'rep' you anymore lol but well said.
Back from Anfield.

Obertan was absolute ****e!

Always walking around aimlessly not bothering to try and tackle anyone or run for any balls and when he did have the ball he gave it away to a Liverpool player almost straight away! Useless ****!

As for everyone else.. well we didn't deserve the win tonight because we didn't close them down. When Carroll hit the crossbar whoever crossed the ball in had loads of time not one of our players ran towards him and that was the same for Liverpool's first goal. Useless again. Yes we were unfortunate not to score and yes Liverpool had a fortunate second goal but I'll say it again we didn't deserve to win.

Hopefully we can learn from our mistakes and at least we sand louder than them even towards the end.
Am I the only one who was impressed with Tioté? .

Aye he was shocking! It was his poor clearing that cost us a goal! :angry:
Original post by Mastermind`
A match thread was made for the Liverpool-Newcastle game, moved some of the posts. :colondollar:

Are we no longer allowed to make posts related to our game in our own club society? :confused:
Original post by KingGoonIan
Are we no longer allowed to make posts related to our game in our own club society? :confused:

You are. It's just during the game, IF there's a match thread. :yep:
Am I the only one who was impressed with Tioté?

I thought Tiote played decent too.

I think for a lot of the match we were 'afraid' almost to be creative and pass the ball around which meant just hoofing it up. I remember early in the second half we stringed about 30 passes together and got a free kick in a decent position - if we could've done that the whole game the scoreline would have been different.

I also think the people posting here saying 'oh everyone played ****, we need 5 players' (and so on) are deluded. Our past record at Anfield is apalling and to be quite honest we're punching massively above our weight to be in this position considering how little we've spent compared to the big clubs.

If Obertan and Gutierrez were ever in more advanced positions the formation would've worked. Instead they were literally about 10 metres from both our fullbacks the entire match.

We would've conceded a hatful if it wasn't for this.

Did anyone else watch it on the Sky? Their coverage was woeful. Joe Cole and Jamie Redknapp as pundits = excellent non-biased overview! Especially funny when Joe Cole said there was never any doubt about liverpool winning inspite of the fact that they were 1-0 down at one point.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Vintage
I'm fuming at that game like. Back to Newcastle of old. Absolutely guttless.

:lol: Have a look at the cretins in the Liverpool thread saying Colla, Cabaye and more should have been sent off. :facepalm2:

Ryan Taylor should have had 2 yellows, that's all imo. That ref just doesn't give cards and in other games the likes of Cabaye and Taylor could have been sent off, especially what you see red cards have been given for of late. That ref reffed the Swans v QPR game a few days ago. He made some dire decisions in that game too. Doesn't seem to like giving any cards, and misses a lot of big things. Same as in this game i thought. Was disappointed with Krul yesterday. For all i have heard about him this season he was poor yesterday.
Original post by Gob Bluth
Ryan Taylor should have had 2 yellows, that's all imo. That ref just doesn't give cards and in other games the likes of Cabaye and Taylor could have been sent off, especially what you see red cards have been given for of late. That ref reffed the Swans v QPR game a few days ago. He made some dire decisions in that game too. Doesn't seem to like giving any cards, and misses a lot of big things. Same as in this game i thought. Was disappointed with Krul yesterday. For all i have heard about him this season he was poor yesterday.

What did Cabaye do that was worthy of a red? I remember Spearing lunging in on him like an idiot but that was it...

Anyway, liverpool cant complain after being gifted the second goal by the ref.

As for Krul, he did have a bit of an offday, as every player does. Can't blame him for the 2nd goal though that was just Simpson being a clown.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1975
Original post by Chriswuk
What did Cabaye do that was worthy of a red? I remember Spearing lunging in on him like an idiot but that was it...

As for Krul, he did have a bit of an offday, as every player does. Can't blame him for the 2nd goal though that was just Simpson being a clown.
I'm pretty sure Cabaye was trying to avoid Spearing's leg after he lunged in and could have injured Cabaye even if he got the ball.

The decision for the free-kick was a joke. It wasn't even a sliding tackle - Tiote simply kicks the ball and they collide. But typically we had to mess it up with Simpson's pretty pathetic attempt at defending.
Reply 1976
Original post by Chriswuk

Are you serious?

If anything, Cabaye lunges on jay.
Original post by L18
Are you serious?

:laugh:
Also my point wasn't who was right. I thought it looked more of a dangerous issue from Cabaye. But plaers have been sent off for what Cabaye did. Doesn't mean all red cards are right, but it could have been given as a red if the ref just saw that for example.
Original post by L18
Are you serious?

Eh? Spearing lunged in on Cabaye, but Cabaye's attempt to tackle was appalling.

Latest