The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Business Studies 6th June 5BS03

Hey guys :smile:,
I thought as this being our first exam at 9 o'clock in the morning, first thing back after half term, I'd start a thread about it :smile:.

How are you revising for it and is there any links to past papers that can be shared maybe?

I look forward to hearing from you guys :redface:

Scroll to see replies

I am confident. However what is the deal of putting a buisness exam on the same day a maths exam!! And what is so funny is that the next maths exam is all the way on friday! To add to that-it is done by the same exam board! Do they want people to fail?!!?
Yeah-thats your opinion. Some people are not good at maths but good at English or the Sciences.
I have this exam. Not too sure what to think, done quite well in unit 1 and 2, so shouldn't be too bad hopefully.
Reply 4
Does anyone know how much percent this exam is? I think it's 50% but I wasn't too sure o.O
Reply 5
Original post by I'll.Be.Back
Does anyone know how much percent this exam is? I think it's 50% but I wasn't too sure o.O

Yeah it is.
Reply 6
yeah this one is 50%, it's really important- knowing how to answer the questions is the main thing. Like me- i know the content but it's just putting it on paper which i find the slightly difficult bit
Original post by tresbelle
yeah this one is 50%, it's really important- knowing how to answer the questions is the main thing. Like me- i know the content but it's just putting it on paper which i find the slightly difficult bit

Yeah, I need to get my head around answering the 8 and 10 mark questions. Once I've figured out the proper technique it should be fine. Need to get an A* in this exam!
Reply 8
lol me too..
Reply 9
What topics do you reckon are going to come up?
My teacher was sure the marketing mix and Finance would come up D:

...How are you guys at plotting a breakeven graph?
eep.
Reply 10
What i think...motivation definitely, repeat purchase, break even- lot's of "assess" "explain" "justify" questions...judging by the practise papers, i don't think that 1 1/2 hours is anywhere near enough time....
What i think...motivation definitely, repeat purchase, break even- lot's of "assess" "explain" "justify" questions...judging by the practise papers, i don't think that 1 1/2 hours is anywhere near enough time....

omg! The timing is just awful! i would need at least half-hour more!:eek:
The times are disgraceful. Just about finished it in the mock that we did at school. I think motivation, just-in-time and the Boston matrix will come up. My teacher thinks the marketing mix will definitely come up
Reply 13
i know, it is not sufficient, although i did hear that it previously was 2 hours but they decided to change it to 1 1/2- mind though that this is the first year this new course has been put in place (no coursework etc) although it may seem unfair, unfortunately we are the guinea pigs of this..Also, the exam is on the first [I]day back, i would imagine it would be senisible to give us at least one week to get one more lesson of bs in...not happy lol we should make a "pressure group"..shows i am learning something... :smile:

tresbelle
(edited 12 years ago)
Hi,
Do you have any past papers for this exam. How did you guys find the controlled assessment?
btw..Good luck for Monday, I have DT first, then business straight after :frown:
Original post by aspire4gr8ness
Hi,
Do you have any past papers for this exam. How did you guys find the controlled assessment?
btw..Good luck for Monday, I have DT first, then business straight after :frown:

Yeah I'll attach it to this with the mark scheme. The controlled assessment was okay, got 35/40 so hopefully the grade boundaries stay the same as last year. Unit 1 went well too, and got 45/50UMS, so hopefully I can still get an A* overall, it's just the timings, and teh 6/8/10 mark questions :\
I got 44/50 UMS in unit 1, 25/40 in the controlled assesment :/ which was 1 mark off a B. In my school only 2 people in the year got A*s and about 10 people got As which i thought was quite bad, is it still possible for me to get an A* overall, or have i blown my chances from not doing too well in the controlled assesment?
i think my teacher told me 90% is an A*
is this wrong? it does seem a bit high
if it is does anyone have a rough idea of the boundaries?
Reply 18
Original post by itsmehello
i think my teacher told me 90% is an A*
is this wrong? it does seem a bit high
if it is does anyone have a rough idea of the boundaries?

I think that that's probably right: near impossible grade boundaries, not enough time..

im even more nervous now.. :/
I think that that's probably right: near impossible grade boundaries, not enough time..

im even more nervous now.. :/

me too, it's way too high and the old spec you need 80%... which isnt fair!
If it is that high i think A* is impossible for me now :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest