The Student Room Group

How long does it take?

I sent my passport 2 weeks ago as an evidence and the on-line form still hasn't updated. How long does it take for them to update it? Will this affect on the amount of loan?
I've had the same issue, I sent them my passport about 11 days ago and it hasn't been updated at all, it says they're waiting for evidence, but the Post Office says the passport was delivered on the 18th :frown:
Reply 2
Mine took a week or so, just give them a call or something.
Reply 3
What an idiot for sending your passport, that's all I can say! All you needed to send was your birth certificate and appropriate name change deeds if applicable...

Birth certificate's are what? £11 including postage now? Replacement passports are seven times that!

Shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks.
Original post by Mardoxx
What an idiot for sending your passport, that's all I can say! All you needed to send was your birth certificate and appropriate name change deeds if applicable...

Birth certificate's are what? £11 including postage now? Replacement passports are seven times that!

Shouldn't take longer than 2 weeks.

Excuse me, before calling someone an idiot, please take a moment to consider that they might be in a different situation than you :wink:

Anyone who's not form the UK needs to send them their original passport. That's the only form of ID they'll accept, really. I assume that the OP, like myself, is a foreigner.

They've updated mine today - they said they don't need any more evidence, and have sent my passport back.
Reply 5
Did you post it by recorded delivery?
Original post by shaziow
Did you post it by recorded delivery?

what difference does that make?
It just proves they got it, they are then more than capable of losing it in the system.
Reply 7
Original post by hypocriticaljap
what difference does that make?
It just proves they got it, they are then more than capable of losing it in the system.

Well, it would be a start.
of what?
Seriously
It doesn't get you any faster or more careful treatment.
It can be lost in the post on the way back.
Reply 9
of what?
Seriously
It doesn't get you any faster or more careful treatment.
It can be lost in the post on the way back.

Well if it gets lost in the post on the way there and you don't send it via recorded delivery, you've got nobody to blame except yourself...whether or not SF would be liable if it got lost in return I have no idea...anyway, it's a logical question from my point of view - whether your opinion differs or not is not my concern.
Reply 10
Recorded delivery just gets you a signature when it is delivered, it doesn't make it any less likely to be lost in the post. Special Delivery gets handled separately from recorded delivery and is less likely to get lost as it is tracked at every stage of the delivery process not just when it is delivered. Still doesn't make a difference once it has reached Student Finance though.
Reply 11
Original post by flipshot
Recorded delivery just gets you a signature when it is delivered, it doesn't make it any less likely to be lost in the post. Special Delivery gets handled separately from recorded delivery and is less likely to get lost as it is tracked at every stage of the delivery process not just when it is delivered. Still doesn't make a difference once it has reached Student Finance though.

Correct, but at least you would know it has reached them.
The point of special delivery isn't necessarily that it's "less likely to be lost". It means it's in the system, full stop. If it does become lost, you've got a start point. Royal Mail MUST have a record of it somewhere when you've sent it using special delivery and it just makes it much easier to find.

Mine arrived back today :smile:
Original post by shaziow
Correct, but at least you would know it has reached them.

or not, because it can still get lost!!!!
phone them ..but if its anything like last year when i sent my mums p60 in recorded delivery post office said they recieved it we asked SF and they said they couldnt confirm because they had a major back log on post and evidence so you kinda just gotta hang on a little bit its frustrating they know they have a problem
Reply 15
Nonsense.
Special delivery is standard first class post with a signature at the end. No more no less.
And the max insurance is £45. With a replacement passport costing £77 it is an utter folly to use it.

Your getting special and recorded confused. Special has £500 insurance and is tracked at every stage. Recorded has £40 insurance only gets a signature upon delivery.
I realise now. Special costs over a fiver though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending