Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE Geography Pre-exam Discussion (13 & 17 June 2011)

Announcements Posted on
Study Help needs new mods! 14-04-2014
TSR wants you: get involved with Power Hour. 10-04-2014
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    This may have been said before but 44 pages .........

What paper did you prefere, Human or Physical ?
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    our geography teacher said you have to use case study detail to get top marks on Indonesia 8 mark question. China or Kerala would have been good case studies to use.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaltron)
    our geography teacher said you have to use case study detail to get top marks on Indonesia 8 mark question. China or Kerala would have been good case studies to use.
    That's horse****. It might have been applicable, but you weren't instructed to use a case study, therefore, they will not mark you down if you haven't used one.
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndrewCoppola)
    This may have been said before but 44 pages .........

What paper did you prefere, [COLOR="Red"]Human[/COLOR] or [COLOR="Blue"]Physical[/COLOR] ?
    Physical
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kate.overall)
    I didn't prefer either. But as stupid as this sounds, I think I over revised for Physical Geography! I learnt everything inside out for physical that when it came to the paper I didn't think about my answers as much as I should have (for human I did as I hardly revised).. For example, in the meander question, even though I knew everything like meander scar etc... I forgot to mention it, and also, as I had done the cross section labelled with slip off slope and river cliff etc, I forgot to mention them in the written formation question below! grr so annoying.
    yeah same, it may have been because physical exam was first and alot more interesting ! aha
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got a B on the cw - 40/60 and I think I done quite well on these two tests. What do you think i roughly needed mark-wise for each test for an A/A*?
    • 18 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metaltron)
    Sorry but, like somebody already said, that is complete crap.
    When they want a case study they ask for a named example.

Neg for telling the truth? Sorry.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    can someone put up the questions for 17th june 2011 40352 H specification Geography and mark scheme pleaseeee
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psuehtain)
    can someone put up the questions for 17th june 2011 40352 H specification Geography and mark scheme pleaseeee
    Hey I did the paper, and I got 100% if you want to pm me, I still remember the questions.. But it's unit 2 that I sat in June.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Okay so i really need someone's help! i know in the exam we only answer sections reliant to us but I've never seen a geography exam paper so i don't know what sections i need to answer, the three topics we've studied are:

Changing Urban Environment
    squatter settlement Favela Bairro Project, Brazil
    Sustainable Cities I'm doing Curitiba, Brazil
    And the london docklands
    Refuge movements to the eu

Tourism
    ecotourism taraquara lodge, mass tourism kenys, extreme tourism anatarica and Uk tourism the lake district

Population
    china
    uK's ageing population
    Thaliand
    Migration into the uk
    Polish migrants
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannnahlucy)
    Okay so i really need someone's help! i know in the exam we only answer sections reliant to us but I've never seen a geography exam paper so i don't know what sections i need to answer, the three topics we've studied are:

Changing Urban Environment
    squatter settlement Favela Bairro Project, Brazil
    Sustainable Cities I'm doing Curitiba, Brazil
    And the london docklands
    Refuge movements to the eu

Tourism
    ecotourism taraquara lodge, mass tourism kenys, extreme tourism anatarica and Uk tourism the lake district

Population
    china
    uK's ageing population
    Thaliand
    Migration into the uk
    Polish migrants

Perhaps looking at some of the past papers for this specification will help :

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse...W-QP-JUN10.PDF

http://store.aqa.org.uk/qual/newgcse...W-QP-JUN11.PDF

The three topics that you have studied are: Changing Urban Environments, Tourism and Population Change, you will therefore answer all of the questions in the paper under those headings.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just looking at the spec what are 'characteristics of squatter settlements'?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can a case study be doubled up for two puproses for example
    for a case study of sustainable transport i have learnt the NET trams in nottingham however i have also learnt about curitiba (better at this one). What i'm say it can i ditch the NET one and just uses curitiba for an example of a sustainable transport systerm AND sustainable city, quick reply needed please!

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: June 17, 2012
Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.