The Student Room Group

Student Finance Are Forcing My Application To Be Late!

Okay so here's the story. I'd finished every aspect of my Student Finance application other than my mum's details. When I was doing the registration of her I accidentally put male instead of female when quickly going through the form. What's retarded is that they don't even realised you've used "Mrs" and then "Male" together. So after checking her account to try and find a way to change it, it turned out that you can't (yet it lets you change your NI number :s-smilie:). Realising this I called them up and explained the problem. I was told even they didn't have the clearance to change it and I'd have to send a paper based version of that. I sent it the day after on 9th May first class. They apparently received it on the 14th. Now the guy I got through to earlier said I had to submit the online application without my mothers details before they can do anything. This was clearly bull**** since it's impossible to submit the form without completion of that section. So I called back again and explained the current situation to another guy. He said it will probably be done by around thursday/friday. Meaning it will have taken them over 3 weeks to rectify and also meaning it's now impossible for me to complete my application on time.

What would suggest I do about this? Has anyone else had this kind of problem with their terrible system?
Reply 1
I would just continue ringing up until somebody decent comes on. I had a problem with SF that was practically my only solution.
Reply 2
Original post by gavineoz
I would just continue ringing up until somebody decent comes on. I had a problem with SF that was practically my only solution.

Thanks. This worked kind of. Just got off the phone with a really nice woman there who explained that they're still processing things they from around the 6th so I should check back in a week and that the details will be added on their end. However they still seem pretty intent that even though I've technically submitted everything on time the application will be classed as late which I find utterly ridiculous.
Reply 3
It's only your part of the application that needs to be submitted before the deadline.
Reply 4
Original post by Taiko
It's only your part of the application that needs to be submitted before the deadline.

Yeah but I can't submit my part without my mum's details on there :s-smilie: or do you mean my part just needs to be completed by the 31st?
Reply 5
I have the EXACT same problem, although I am sure I didn't make the mistake of putting her down as a male in the first place....it's ridiculous that you can have a "Mrs" set with a male sex in their system....anyways have you resolved this now? I'm going to ring on wednesday as I have work tomorrow, already rang once and the woman said I would receive an email letting me know they've changed it...this was about a week ago and if what you have said is true then they don't even have clearance to do it. It's ridiculous how subjective the service you get from student finance is depending on who answers the phone...This is hugely annoying but I had to ring up before the original deadline for first years and was told not to worry as long as the initial application has been saved it doesn't need to be completed...I'm sure if you complain enough and make it clear it is their fault your application was late not yours then they can't really deprive you of your first payment.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending