The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2140
Original post by Camppu
I did sooo bad too!! I totally panicked and i didn't have enough time to read the articles properly and then answer properly.. I really think that I'm not going to get an offer from Glasgow because I screwed up the lnat. And my essay, hahah, now I'm laughing because I just went on and on about stupid an irrelevant things. And after I realized all the 'right' and good things I should've mentioned in the essay. Well, we'll see.

I know same and I didn't even conclude to take one side of my "argument", it was probably one of the worst things i've ever written I think its really unfair how we have to do that stupid test it shows nothing. What other unis have you applied to, are they all Scottish ones?
Reply 2141
Original post by tehforum
AAB offer?

I imagine so.

Nope AAA!
Reply 2142
Original post by bugsy12
I know same and I didn't even conclude to take one side of my "argument", it was probably one of the worst things i've ever written I think its really unfair how we have to do that stupid test it shows nothing. What other unis have you applied to, are they all Scottish ones?

Yep, I know.. And it's unfair to them who don't have english as their native language (like me) but i hope they will take that into consideration. And the essay topics that i had were all REALLY weird...
I applied only to scottish unis and beside glasgow i applied to strathclyde, aberdeen, dundee, edinburgh. How about you? I haven't heard anything from any of the unis and i'm really stressed :s-smilie:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Jeebus42
He has a point.

Not really.
Reply 2144
Original post by Camppu
Yep, I know.. And it's unfair to them who don't have english as their native language (like me) but i hope they will take that into consideration. And the essay topics that i had were all REALLY weird...
I applied only to scottish unis and beside glasgow i applied to strathclyde, aberdeen, dundee, edinburgh. How about you? I haven't heard anything from any of the unis and i'm really stressed :s-smilie:

Yeah i knoww i answered a really wierd one i hate all 3 of the options which was typical. Ohh I've applied to LSE, Nottingham, Newcastle, Bristol and Reading, So far i've only had a reply from reading which was my insurance one as it wants lower grades. Im hoping they reply to me soon as I live abroad and will need to come and look at the unis and book flights etc :/
Reply 2145
Original post by thomasrjharding
has anyone received an offer from Kings College London? I have already received an offer from Birmingham but still waiting on KCL and Bristol. Also, do your offers show up sooner via sites such as "Bristol VIP Login" than they show up on UCAS? is there a message which you can pick up from reading in between the lines in relation to waiting a long time before hearing a response from uni's?

thanks, :smile:

t

I got an offer from KCL back in November! (it may have been late October...) I got an email from King's myApplication first and then it came up on UCAS a few days later. For Bristol, I got an email from UCAS but there is nothing on the VIP Page. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 2146
Original post by Potsui
Hi everyone,

Most of my friends from my year at school (the boys are carrying out National Service thus the going to) are either at or going to Oxbridge, UCL or LSE. I applied for Law 2012.

My stats are:
9* GCSE
A Levels: A* Biology, A* Math, A* French, A* Economics, A Class Civ, A Modern Greek and an extra AS Physics grade A.

Cambridge Pooled/Rejected
LSE Rejected
UCL Rejected yesterday (application not as strong as others)
Notts Waiting
Kings Unconditional

I am fine with Kings to be honest as I know the rejections were partly my own fault even if they are insanely competitive, I certainly was not serious enough about my application and just decided on Law at the last minute. I was ill prepared in every way and I paid for my attitude. The problem is my parents are very very upset and of course blame me. They tell me that obviouly I am not suited to the study of Law. I have always shone with my music ability as well as acadmemicaly and they have just taken it really badly. They made sacrifices for me to go to the best English speaking school in Cyprus even splitting up our family in the process as the school was in another town 180km away. I am now an Officer doing my National Service, they even pay for my own Car and Apt as my ranking allows me to be out by 2pm each day and off at Weekends - I shone there also choosing my station as I came 3rd out of 1500 applicants. I have had a charmed life I guess. I know I have really really let them down, perhaps I was arrogant and perhaps I am not suited for Law? My Dad never gets angry but yesterday with another rejection even he was upset. I see a huge change already in the way they look at me.

I am happy to go to Kings and I will have to do Law but perhaps I am not suited to it as they say . . . .

I am sorry to hear about your rejections. :frown: Understandably you must be feeling pretty upset now but you will soon realise that maybe it was a blessing in disguise. You can do well wherever you go. Just because competition was high at the unis you got rejected from, doesn't mean you're not suited to law. King's obviously think you are!

Plus (hopefully) I am going to be at King's, so you have nothing to worry about :colone:
Original post by Care-Free
I've applied to Nottingham Trent, nothing back yet.

You should hear from them soon.
I've literally just got a conditional offer from them.
they were the last university i was waiting for :smile:
Staffordshire University M100 21-Sep-2012 Conditional 13-Dec-2011

Coventry University M100 27-Sep-2012 Conditional 09-Dec-2011

University of Wolverhampton M100 17-Sep-2012 Conditional 29-Nov-2011

Nottingham Trent University M100 01-Oct-2012 Conditional 17-Jan-2012

The University of Birmingham M100 01-Oct-2012 Conditional 21-Dec-2011

Birmingham is my firm.
It's so much harder to put down what you want as your insurance choice!!
Shuckss.
Reply 2149
So far I've got:

University of Southampton - Offer - AAA
University of Birmingham - Offer AAA or A*AB
University of Portsmouth - Offer 320 UCAS Points (Insurance Choice)
University of Nottingham - Waiting
University of Warwick - Waiting

Its so typical that the two of the three I'm most interested in are making me wait!! I'm really starting to get nervous about Warwick now as they rejected my best friend who applied after me, so now I'm not sure where I stand..
Hey, I've got a few questions, which uni would you say is better in terms of reputation and employability- Southampton or Sussex?

And Which would you say is better out of Reading and Kent with priority over reputation and employability?
Original post by Harry.K
Hey, I've got a few questions, which uni would you say is better in terms of reputation and employability- Southampton or Sussex?

And Which would you say is better out of Reading and Kent with priority over reputation and employability?

I think the consenus is

Southampton -> Sussex

Reading -> Kent - because of research, though I think the difference isn't that big.
Reply 2152
Original post by Harry.K

Soton over Sussex without a doubt, probably Reading but I don't know an awful lot about Kent to be honest.
Original post by Jackasaurus Rex
Basically I created this thread so Law applicants for 2012 entry can discuss various open days, AS exams and results and any general topics of discussion.
For example, so far I have been to Warwick and Queen Mary open days. Out of personal preference I really liked Warwick and could easily see myself there, but I was put off Queen Mary due to the A*AA requirements, whereas I could apply to somewhere like Warwick for AAAc or Bristol for AAA+LNAT.

Foolishly, I also forgot to add where I plan to apply:-
Bristol
Warwick
Exeter
Newcastle
Sussex

:bhangra:
Original post by Potsui
Hi everyone,

Most of my friends from my year at school (the boys are carrying out National Service thus the going to) are either at or going to Oxbridge, UCL or LSE. I applied for Law 2012.

My stats are:
9* GCSE
A Levels: A* Biology, A* Math, A* French, A* Economics, A Class Civ, A Modern Greek and an extra AS Physics grade A.

Cambridge Pooled/Rejected
LSE Rejected
UCL Rejected yesterday (application not as strong as others)
Notts Waiting
Kings Unconditional

I am fine with Kings to be honest as I know the rejections were partly my own fault even if they are insanely competitive, I certainly was not serious enough about my application and just decided on Law at the last minute. I was ill prepared in every way and I paid for my attitude. The problem is my parents are very very upset and of course blame me. They tell me that obviouly I am not suited to the study of Law. I have always shone with my music ability as well as acadmemicaly and they have just taken it really badly. They made sacrifices for me to go to the best English speaking school in Cyprus even splitting up our family in the process as the school was in another town 180km away. I am now an Officer doing my National Service, they even pay for my own Car and Apt as my ranking allows me to be out by 2pm each day and off at Weekends - I shone there also choosing my station as I came 3rd out of 1500 applicants. I have had a charmed life I guess. I know I have really really let them down, perhaps I was arrogant and perhaps I am not suited for Law? My Dad never gets angry but yesterday with another rejection even he was upset. I see a huge change already in the way they look at me.

I am happy to go to Kings and I will have to do Law but perhaps I am not suited to it as they say . . . .

Whoa, are you serious?! I'm sorry to hear if you are; I can't believe you got rejected by those places with those grades!

Those subjects seem great for law as well. What was your personal statement like?
Reply 2155
Original post by LookIt'sPete
Whoa, are you serious?! I'm sorry to hear if you are; I can't believe you got rejected by those places with those grades!

Those subjects seem great for law as well. What was your personal statement like?

I only showed it to my Mum after my UCAS application and she said it was really really bad . . . . I am being serious here. I guess she was right.
Reply 2156
Original post by Olive12
I am sorry to hear about your rejections. :frown: Understandably you must be feeling pretty upset now but you will soon realise that maybe it was a blessing in disguise. You can do well wherever you go. Just because competition was high at the unis you got rejected from, doesn't mean you're not suited to law. King's obviously think you are!

Plus (hopefully) I am going to be at King's, so you have nothing to worry about :colone:

Hey Olive thank you. I appreciate that Kings saw something in me can you imagine where I would be emotionally right now if they hadn't? And they replied like 3 days after I sat my LNAT. They do say the nicest people end up at Kings . . . so I hope to see you there :smile:
Reply 2157
Still haven't heard any thing from Bristol... sent my UCAS off 11th Oct. Surely this isn't a good sign :/
Reply 2158
Original post by Bea492
Still haven't heard any thing from Bristol... sent my UCAS off 11th Oct. Surely this isn't a good sign :/

I keep telling myself no news is good news, regarding Warwick and Nottingham myself.. Surely if they were going to reject you outright they would do it? Maybe we're in the pool and they're comparing us against one another? :redface:
Original post by Bea492

Not really.

They've only just started giving out offers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending