Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Law Applicants 2012

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing the CertHE in Legal Method at Birkbeck.

It's still preliminary, but I think I will choose 5 from the following:

UEA
    Cardiff
    Sussex
    Queen Mary
    SOAS
    Exeter
    Reading
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by taunt)
    hello brother!!!

I personally recommend you to apply to cambridge, and oxford!!!!

because I think you've got a great chance, especially with your personlaity!!! i think if they see that your a decent guy, then they'll want you...want...want.....
    yh, thanks for a truly honest answer TAUNT im really gonna take that option!!!! :awesome:
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just need some advice as to whether I have a chance in the competitve world of Law.
    My GCSE's were not amazing.. 7As and 3Bs

Currently awaiting the results from AS: History, English Lit, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy and Ethics (We do 5 because Phil&Eth is compulsory)
    Thought I did terribly in exams, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Would love love love to do Law in preferrably a Russell Group university, but are my grades (in particular GCSE) up to scratch?
    And if not, is it worth me doing a PPE and then converting it to a Law qualification later?

HELP!! :confused:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefylove)
    Just need some advice as to whether I have a chance in the competitve world of Law.
    My GCSE's were not amazing.. 7As and 3Bs

Currently awaiting the results from AS: History, English Lit, Economics, Sociology, Philosophy and Ethics (We do 5 because Phil&Eth is compulsory)
    Thought I did terribly in exams, but we'll just have to wait and see.

Would love love love to do Law in preferrably a Russell Group university, but are my grades (in particular GCSE) up to scratch?
    And if not, is it worth me doing a PPE and then converting it to a Law qualification later?

HELP!! :confused:
    Your GCSEs are pretty much fine, for anyway except LSE and maybe Oxford. If you get good AS grades, then all the Russell Group universities will be within your reach. PPE is very competitive, so that probably wouldn't be easier to get into
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was initially intending on applying to Kings but they (and QMUL) upped their offers to A*AA for next year. Although it isn't unwarranted for KCL (despite making it harder to get in of course), I wouldn't have expected QMUL to do so.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeebus42)
    Great, Kings and QMUL have upped their offers to A*AA for next year. Although it isn't unwarranted for KCL (despite making it harder to get in of course), but I wouldn't have expected QMUL to do so.
    That's a ****ing joke. Initally thought it was a typo.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid16)
    Your GCSEs are pretty much fine, for anyway except LSE and maybe Oxford. If you get good AS grades, then all the Russell Group universities will be within your reach. PPE is very competitive, so that probably wouldn't be easier to get into
    Definitely taken a load off, really appreciate it!
    Just waiting for the results now..
    Would you consider PPE more competitive than Law nowadays?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    Definitely taken a load off, really appreciate it!
    Just waiting for the results now..
    Would you consider PPE more competitive than Law nowadays?
    I think it depends. At the 'top' universities, I'd say definitely, but PPE isn't as widely offered, so it's hard to tell. I also do English Lit/Philosophy and Economics(along with Politics) how did you find them? Have you got any particular universities in mind?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    That's a ****ing joke. Initally thought it was a typo.
    Agreed, I was hoping on the standard AAA to remain the norm. Even UCL hasn't upped the requirements yet somehow QMUL (quite a lower tier London uni for law) has. Fairly stupid.
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeebus42)
    Agreed, I was hoping on the standard AAA to remain the norm. Even UCL hasn't upped the requirements yet somehow QMUL (quite a lower tier London uni for law) has. Fairly stupid.
    Here it comes....
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I also do English Lit/Philosophy and Economics(along with Politics) how did you find them? Have you got any particular universities in mind?
    I LOVE philosophy, very stimulating and interesting, definitely one of my strongest subjects.
    Economics is starting to grow on me, initially wanted to drop it but highly considering carrying it on & found the exam pretty decent too.
    I used to like English Lit, but it's not one of my strongest subjects and therefore not one of my favorites..
    Was going to do politics instead of History so I would love to hear what you think about it!

Looking at Nottingham, Birmingham, Exeter and maybe Southampton.. Not 100% sure tho

Same questions to you!
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE philosophy, very stimulating and interesting, definitely one of my strongest subjects.
    Economics is starting to grow on me, initially wanted to drop it but highly considering carrying it on & found the exam pretty decent too.
    I used to like English Lit, but it's not one of my strongest subjects and therefore not one of my favorites..
    Was going to do politics instead of History so I would love to hear what you think about it!

Looking at Nottingham, Birmingham, Exeter and maybe Southampton.. Not 100% sure tho

Same questions to you!
    They went pretty well :yep: Just like you, I also love Philosophy :love: Weirdly enough, I was the same about Economics initally,but then gradually began to enjoy it. English Literature is a bit 'meh' but the exam went alright, so may keep it for A2. Now, I can tell you that was the best decision you could of made. IMO Politics is very very dull, and cannot wait to see the back of it. I'm also considering Nottingham and Birmingham, not too keen on Exeter though. It seems like Law is becoming less competitive, if so good for us
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Just to those who are interested and are looking at an insurance offer instead of five AAA universities, I was at Sussex University Open Day today. Their standard offer for LLB Law is AAB. The Law School are having a new £39mil building built with a purpose-built mooting room (mock court). They are taking on more staff for a lower ratio of students to staff. The campus is absolutely amazing with a fantastic city only four miles away, Brighton. If you're looking for an insurance, or an AAB offer, seriously have a look. I'll definitely be applying.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasaurus Rex)
    Just to those who are interested and are looking at an insurance offer instead of five AAA universities, I was at Sussex University Open Day today. Their standard offer for LLB Law is AAB. The Law School are having a new £39mil building built with a purpose-built mooting room (mock court). They are taking on more staff for a lower ratio of students to staff. The campus is absolutely amazing with a fantastic city only four miles away, Brighton. If you're looking for an insurance, or an AAB offer, seriously have a look. I'll definitely be applying.
    lol AAB to me is not insurance
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    :wavey:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jackasaurus Rex)
    Sounds good :yep:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racaha)
    :wavey:
    Another applicant? :awesome:
    • 17 followers

ReputationRep:
    Another applicant? :awesome:
    Indeed :yep:
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racaha)
    Indeed :yep:
    :clap2:University shortlist?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel so thick compared to everyone else haha. But i'm not aiming for AAA uni's as it's not realistic for me. Probably only applying to ABB or lower with maybe one AAB uni (i'm thinking sussex or UEA).

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 2, 2012
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.