The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by ROWEY!
Got an offer from Liverpool a couple of days ago (conditional) and waiting on Southampton, Brunel, Lancaster and LSE!

Though tbh, I only want to go to Liverpool :wink:

Have you heard off Lancaster yet? I haven't had so much as an acknowledgement off them :|

And congrats on the offer from Liverpool! I don't know about you, but I started feeling so much better after my first offer :biggrin:
Original post by Olive12
I haven't had any yet :frown:

I hate waiting...

Well done on your UWE offer!

cheers man!
think I'm one of few who didn't take the LNAT test, and I don't even see that as a bad thing at all
Original post by ROWEY!
Got an offer from Liverpool a couple of days ago (conditional) and waiting on Southampton, Brunel, Lancaster and LSE!

Though tbh, I only want to go to Liverpool :wink:

AAB? I'm applying there, fingers crossed!
Original post by admbeatmaker
BUCKINGHAM?!?!?!

What on earth are you doing madam?!?!

As for UWE, it's meant to be pretty good for a mid-range place to study law. The rest of your choices are very good. I personally would switch out Buckingham for somewhere like Notts Trent, Hull or Surrey, for starters.

I AM A MAN LOL :colondollar:

why so against buckingham? i hope youre not confusing it for 'Buckinghamshire New University' which is the worst in the country lol:biggrin:
Original post by future barrister
I AM A MAN LOL :colondollar:

why so against buckingham? i hope youre not confusing it for 'Buckinghamshire New University' which is the worst in the country lol:biggrin:

Sorry! :colondollar:

It's just not good. Especially since you've listed pretty good universities, why go for one crap one?

You can do better. I believe in you.
Reply 1126
Original post by Cania
Catz :smile: My GCSEs are very poor, though - in all honesty, I just didn't care back then. I was set on becoming an artist at the time and thought "screw education" :wink: Only put an app in because some tutors told me I should. Not setting my heart on it, but very honoured to be considered the type who should apply!

Where are you applying, and where else are you looking at? Maybe I'll see you at the interviews :P

It's St Anne's for me :biggrin:
On another note, that's so wierd, you're practically the same as me...I was so set on doing japanese animation (anime, manga and the like :rolleyes: ) that I just didn't care what the guys at the front of the classroom had to say! Now I want to study law and I wouldn't want it any other way.
Optimistic? Maybe. But how would I know unless I try is the standpoint I took.
Maybe we will :smile:
Reply 1127
About to sit my LNAT, think I might throw up.
Reply 1128
I was just wondering if you could tell me if these are good unis to apply for to do Law

UCL
Southampton
Sussex
Reading
Kent/City

I was thinking of adding Queen Mary in there but they're asking for A*AA and I don't think I can get that... got AABBB for AS level. Also, is City university a good uni for law? I'd like to go to a uni near London because I don't want to move out to far, furthest would be 2 hour drive.
Original post by Elle408
About to sit my LNAT, think I might throw up.

Good luck! From what I gather from others taking it, don't overlook any intentional obscurity.
Original post by Mark.P
I was just wondering if you could tell me if these are good unis to apply for to do Law

UCL
Southampton
Sussex
Reading
Kent/City

I was thinking of adding Queen Mary in there but they're asking for A*AA and I don't think I can get that... got AABBB for AS level. Also, is City university a good uni for law? I'd like to go to a uni near London because I don't want to move out to far, furthest would be 2 hour drive.

Bar City, you've a good bunch there.
Reply 1131
Bar City, you've a good bunch there.

alright cheers, I was wondering about City because someone told me it was good for Law while others have told me it isn't ... guess I'll go with Kent then lol
Original post by Mark.P
alright cheers, I was wondering about City because someone told me it was good for Law while others have told me it isn't ... guess I'll go with Kent then lol

Most definitely Kent.
Reply 1133
Another question, would it be too late to do the LNAT in early December because thats when I think I'll probably end up sending off my UCAS at the rate that I'm currently going at lol.
which one is better kent or surrey
city or soas
southampton or exeter
rank them.
Original post by Mark.P
Another question, would it be too late to do the LNAT in early December because thats when I think I'll probably end up sending off my UCAS at the rate that I'm currently going at lol.

Can't help you here, perhaps another member will chime in. I have no clue on LNAT stuff.

Original post by Jiraiya is no liar
city or soas
southampton or exeter
rank them.

Kent and SOAS, not too sure about the final two. Both are very good for law, though, perhaps Southampton has the advantage of being one of these awe-inspiring Russell Group universities. Exeter is not, however, it does belong to the 1994 group, believed to be RG's rival.

I wouldn't want to rank them, but I would perhaps position them as (best to last): Soton or Exeter, SOAS and Kent.

But, of course, you should be doing this yourself.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1136
Original post by Mark.P

Why not check the LNAT website?
Original post by Mark.P

I remember hearing that the majority of ucas applications are sent off in november - mid december. It should be fine, don't feel the need to do it earlier than planned as you want to make sure you're as prepared as you can be for the LNAT.

Oh, and good luck!

city or soas
southampton or exeter
rank them.

Kent > Surrey
Soas > City
Exeter > Southampton

1 Exeter
2 Southampton
3 Soas (despite a few good years in league tables I don't think employment prospects would be as good as a degree from exeter or southampton, though it does have the benefit of being in london. bit of a difficult one.)
4 Kent
5 City
6 Surrey
(edited 12 years ago)
Sorry! :colondollar:

It's just not good. Especially since you've listed pretty good universities, why go for one crap one?

You can do better. I believe in you.

haha why thank you! where are you going?:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending