The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by michael321
You should be fine. Apparently Nottingham give out around 500 offers out of 1500 applications, so as long as you're in the top third (which you probably are with good grades and a good LNAT) you should be fine.

I really hope so! Thank you :smile:.
what are the kind of essay questions you get?
Original post by 2k11iminheaven

I don't think we're allowed to talk about the essay questions yet because apparently they re-use the questions or something.
Reply 1563
oh bollo*ks - everyone seem to be receiving offers already - okay it maybe way too early for me because i sent my UCAS application on 23rd Nov. but still!!! I thought the LNAT was mediocre - sort of messed up the essay part cuz i think i went off topic :tongue:
My results aren't even good after seeing what you people get:
GCSE 5A* 3A 2B 1C
AS REsults: ABBBB - so rubbish!
Original post by 2k11iminheaven

Original post by whatever_x
I don't think we're allowed to talk about the essay questions yet because apparently they re-use the questions or something.

Yep, do discussion of real essay questions. There are loads on the practice website anyway...
Original post by karchun
oh bollo*ks - everyone seem to be receiving offers already - okay it maybe way too early for me because i sent my UCAS application on 23rd Nov. but still!!! I thought the LNAT was mediocre - sort of messed up the essay part cuz i think i went off topic :tongue:
My results aren't even good after seeing what you people get:
GCSE 5A* 3A 2B 1C
AS REsults: ABBBB - so rubbish!

What uni's have you applied too :smile:?
I messed up my essay part as well! I was ill and so out of it that near the end I just started talking rubbish & let's just say that UCL will probably think I'm some kind of nutcase :colondollar:
& your grades are good :smile:
Original post by Fward
thats ok then.....nope not from sheffield, im from devon...so i've got a 5 hour journey there and back for this open day :s-smilie:
I don't know what i am putting as my first choice yet as i have only visited 2 of the unis i have applied for....hopefully the sheffield open day will make my choice a bit easier

How about you?? you from sheffield?? first choice??

Wooaah that a long train journey ... the uni is just a 10 min walk from my house so i dont have to go very far :P ... my first choice is sheffield and if i dont get in i want to go leeds so im not moving far from home ... where else have you applied apart from sheffield and not been to devon before is it nice ?
Original post by Omiclops

Innit it's so depressing! Where have you applied? I just hope Nottingham or UCL give me an offer, don't mind too much but if I got either I'd be over the moon! I'm just worried that because I haven't got an offer yet my LNAT went badly :/

I've applied for Nottingham, Leicester, Keele, Huddersfield and Chester. How about you?
Original post by puddingpie
I've applied for Nottingham, Leicester, Keele, Huddersfield and Chester. How about you?

UCL, Nottingham, Leeds, Newcastle and Queen Mary :smile: first choice is obviously UCL but I think that's unlikely but I really hope I get a Notts offer :smile:

UCL, Nottingham, Leeds, Newcastle and Queen Mary :smile: first choice is obviously UCL but I think that's unlikely but I really hope I get a Notts offer :smile:

Well Good luck!
Original post by puddingpie
Well Good luck!

Likewise :biggrin: where's your first choice?
Reply 1571
Original post by whatever_x
What uni's have you applied too :smile:?
I messed up my essay part as well! I was ill and so out of it that near the end I just started talking rubbish & let's just say that UCL will probably think I'm some kind of nutcase :colondollar:
& your grades are good :smile:

Birmingham, Warwick, reading , oxford brookes and nottingham trent - seriously dying for birmingham/warwick though :O
Hey, anyone happen to know how long it takes for the LNAT people to send your results to your universities?
I've applied to Bristol and Nottingham of the LNAT universities and as they're now sending out offers, I was just wondering if anyone knew on average how long it took them.

Many thanks :smile:
I have applied for Sheffield (Law and Criminology), Reading (Law), Kent (Law), Dundee (Law) and Lancaster (Law) and have had offers from sheffield, reading, kent and lancaster, just waiting for dundee? anyone else applied to these for law?
Reply 1574
Original post by turner1994
I have applied for Sheffield (Law and Criminology), Reading (Law), Kent (Law), Dundee (Law) and Lancaster (Law) and have had offers from sheffield, reading, kent and lancaster, just waiting for dundee? anyone else applied to these for law?

Yep I’ve applied for Law and Criminology at Sheffield, I also have an offer. I think I’ll probably be firming it :smile:
Reply 1575
Does Keele acknowledge you on law???
Reply 1576
I was wondering if I should swap UCL for Exeter or Reading as I believe that I have a better chance of getting into the latter. So should I? I've already gotten rejected from Nottingham so I think that I'll get rejected by UCL.
Reply 1577
Original post by student_in_distres
Wooaah that a long train journey ... the uni is just a 10 min walk from my house so i dont have to go very far :P ... my first choice is sheffield and if i dont get in i want to go leeds so im not moving far from home ... where else have you applied apart from sheffield and not been to devon before is it nice ?

car journey actually....lucky for you....there is nowhere near where i live that does the course i want....i have also applied for Surrey, Staffordshire, Glamorgan and Edge hill....I've had offers from all of them except Staffordshire
I think Devon is quite nice....it depends where u live really...as im stuck a bit in the middle of nowhere

Where else have you applied for??
Reply 1578
Original post by turner1994

Original post by -Haz-
Yep I’ve applied for Law and Criminology at Sheffield, I also have an offer. I think I’ll probably be firming it :smile:

Same here...also had an offer from Sheffield for Law and Criminology
Reply 1579
Original post by Junaid16
When did your rejection come through? You won't be able to change to Reading/Exeter since neither university is listed as one of the unis which have amended their fees/funding policies.

2 days ago. I was wondering if they would let me change UEA for Exeter or Reading and then UCL back to UEA. It says that I can change a university that is on the list as to one that's on the list and vice versa. I don't know if they would let me do this but I'm going to try.

Quick Reply