The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Good luck to all.
Original post by Omiclops
How do you know your LNAT is below 20? By any means the UCL rate the LNAT very highly so you need to have scored pretty high.

It must be.

Kings need around 18 (from posts round here), and UCL need 20.

His application is strong, so I reckon he got <18, possibly lower.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1602
Has anyone had offers from birmingham, ucl( although i've heard they give replies after the 15th Jan deadline), lse (ditto UCL), reading and if so what was the time frame between getting your ucas application processd and getting an offer?

Likewise :biggrin: where's your first choice?

I'm unsure. I fell in love with Nottingham when I went for the Open Day but then I went to Leicester and fell in love there as well. It's a toss up at the moment, with Nottingham rated higher but Leicester looking very promising. I'll judge them closer on the offer holder days - that is if I get an offer from Nottingham! More keep rolling in and some rejections. It'd be okay if the rejects were idiots! I've seen the two who have declared it on the Article have been offered Interviews for Oxbridge. NOW I'm scared.

Fingers crossed for us both!
Original post by FSHS07
Has anyone had offers from birmingham, ucl( although i've heard they give replies after the 15th Jan deadline), lse (ditto UCL), reading and if so what was the time frame between getting your ucas application processd and getting an offer?

I have offers from Birmingham and Reading - Birmingham got back to me 17 days after my UCAS was processed and I waited 37 days for Reading to make an offer :smile:.
Reply 1605
Original post by tehforum
It must be.

Kings need around 18 (from posts round here), and UCL need 20.

His application is strong, so I reckon he got &lt;18, possibly lower.

Original post by silverspoonmess
Hate to say it... Notts and Kings are easier to get into than UCL...

Do you think that Kings are already rejecting those with bad LNAT scores then?

(In other words, can I get my hopes up that mine wasn't completely dreadful if I have yet to be rejected?)

Gotta love some good hearty UCAS/LNAT speculation! lol
Original post by Elle408
Do you think that Kings are already rejecting those with bad LNAT scores then?

(In other words, can I get my hopes up that mine wasn't completely dreadful if I have yet to be rejected?)

Gotta love some good hearty UCAS/LNAT speculation! lol

Don't know yet... I don't think anyone has got rejected yet, although offers have been given out for those who have excelled in their overall application.
Reply 1607
when do we actually get our lnat scores?
Reply 1608
Original post by chiggy321

Original post by chiggy321
Sent mine on October 14th - quite some time ago now! I wouldn't worry, at least you know they've started sending them now so it could come any time soon.

ive got my offer from nottingham now pheeew hahaha
Original post by PKaurB
ive got my offer from nottingham now pheeew hahaha

Congrats!

What are your academics?
Original post by PKaurB

If my memory serves me, it is early February. Don't quote me on that though.
Original post by aimlessinwonder
If my memory serves me, it is early February. Don't quote me on that though.

Correct.
Reply 1612
Don't know yet... I don't think anyone has got rejected yet, although offers have been given out for those who have excelled in their overall application.

I was rejected by Kings despite a very strong application!
Original post by APIS
I was rejected by Kings despite a very strong application!

Yeah plus I meant LNAT as well.

Basically, people who would definitely get an offer.

I saw your academics, it's a shame your LNAT was not up to scratch.
Reply 1614
Yeah plus I meant LNAT as well.

Basically, people who would definitely get an offer.

I saw your academics, it's a shame your LNAT was not up to scratch.

Do u think I stand a chance with UCL if my essay is up to standard?
Original post by APIS
Do u think I stand a chance with UCL if my essay is up to standard?

I'm not sure how they rate the essay; but on the website they do say successful applicants have achieved at least 20.

All the best.
Just got an offer from SOAS :smile: !
Reply 1617
Original post by student_in_distres
Ive applied for sheffield, sheffield hallam, nottingham, newcastle and leeds .. all close to home apart from newcastle .. but ive only had offers from both sheffield unis and not the others yet. but the thing is with me is i know atleast a couple of people who will be going to the same uni as me hopefully so i wont have to be by myself if i do decide to move away from home .. but i really dont want to stay in halls if i do move .. maybe get a flat or an apartment wbu ?

I know one person who has applied to staffordshire, and another who has applied to surrey, but whether we end up going to the same places or not i dont know.....as i am quite likely to be moving away with noone i know, i would rather live in halls, as at least there will be people there in the same situation as me.
Original post by PKaurB

February I think. But if you get offers from LNAT unis you know you did well.
Original post by Fward
I know one person who has applied to staffordshire, and another who has applied to surrey, but whether we end up going to the same places or not i dont know.....as i am quite likely to be moving away with noone i know, i would rather live in halls, as at least there will be people there in the same situation as me.

That's true I guess I think that is why first year hall accommodation is guaranteed ... I'm sure you'll find loads of friends in halls ... But let me know how the open day at sheffield goes :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest