The Student Room Group

Law Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PKaurB
6a*2a1b gcse
aabb as-level
predicted 2a* 1a/a*

Similar to mine! I guess the LNAT is the key decider.

Original post by naruto00723
did my lnat last friday and got my offer from kings today!

Congrats!

What were your academics?
Unconditional from kings! So happy now
Reply 1642
Original post by JodPet
I sent my UCAS off on October 24th and I got an offer on November 30th :smile:

Wow they took long! i sent mine of on the 4th November... :smile:
Reply 1643
Original post by freezingsaphire
Unconditional from kings! So happy now

Congrats!!!!!!!
Still waiting on Warwick and Reading, which are my firm and insurance respectively. My happiness to actually get offers from Newcastle/QMUL/Lancaster has now turned into doubt if I'll get an offer from Warwick.

I hate waiting!
Reply 1645
Original post by sasha165
Wow they took long! i sent mine of on the 4th November... :smile:

Yeh they kept me waiting!
Reply 1646
Advice for the LNAT test
Can i ask, what would be your advice for tackling the questions?? And what would be the basis for writing the perfect LNAT essay to acheive full marks??
Original post by ManPowa
Advice for the LNAT test
Can i ask, what would be your advice for tackling the questions?? And what would be the basis for writing the perfect LNAT essay to acheive full marks??

It's not marked as such, and universities use the essays in different ways so it's impossible to really write a 'perfect' one. However, when I spoke to an Oxford tutor about it he said that the normal answers provide a balanced weighing up of the issues. The 'really cool answers' (his words, not mine), though, are the ones that question the question. Interpret that how you will.

I can't give much more general advice than that really. The subject matter of the essay isn't particularly relevant - they are pitched so as to give teenagers as level a playing field as possible for just getting on with an answer. It's your thought process that the universities are interested in, not your conclusions particularly.
Fair few people hearing back from the likes of KCL now. Botherbotherbother...

Anyone had any decisions (that aren't declared on the Law applicants stalking page) from KCL or UCL concerning Law and/with French Law?

Got the 'King's is considering your application carefully...yadda yadda' email a few weeks ago and wondered if that meant that they were operating a gathered field, or if it just takes them longer to start on the Law-with-other-legal-systems applications.
Original post by tehforum

Congrats!

What were your academics?

thanks!
gcse:4A*6A
got AAAB for AS
predicted:A*AAA

i was worried because i screwed up my LNAT(didn't finish the essay)
but somehow the offer still came!
Reply 1650
thanks!
got AAAB for AS

congrats on that! may i ask if u are a uk student? im just wondering kings is treating uk and international students as two queues. im an international student and got an email (not the acknowledgement) saying my application is being carefully considered. the myapplication site says they aim to hv made a decision within 60 working days, and that day is coming soon. can i say my lnat isnt that bad and any indication if they make the decision near to the 60 working days limit, as i know they hv already given out some rejections so far.

sorry for the long paragraph. thanks for any advice :colondollar:
Original post by PVisitors
Still waiting on Warwick and Reading, which are my firm and insurance respectively. My happiness to actually get offers from Newcastle/QMUL/Lancaster has now turned into doubt if I'll get an offer from Warwick.

I hate waiting!

I'm so jealous right now QMUL and Newcastle both haven't gotten back to me yet :frown: when did you send your UCAS off?
Original post by Omiclops
I'm so jealous right now QMUL and Newcastle both haven't gotten back to me yet :frown: when did you send your UCAS off?

Sent 2nd Nov. I got my Newcastle offer on the 18th and QMUL on the 23rd.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by PVisitors
Sent 2nd Nov. I got my Newcastle offer on the 18th and QMUL on the 23rd.

I sent mine on the 15th so I guess it's still early days yet but I'm still so scared!
Reply 1654
Anyone have an offer from a scottish uni?
Reply 1655
Original post by sasha165
Don't worry, they will have to get back to you soon and it also depend when you sent your ucas off? When did you send it?

Early Novemeber. I saw one which said they had sent theirs on the 16th of November and they have got a reply :/
Reply 1656
thanks!
got AAAB for AS

Congrats! When did you send off your application?:smile:
Original post by Omiclops
I sent mine on the 15th so I guess it's still early days yet but I'm still so scared!

What are your academics? I know Newcastle hardly look at your PS so if you have strong grades they should definitely make an offer.
Reply 1658
Original post by er123
Early Novemeber. I saw one which said they had sent theirs on the 16th of November and they have got a reply :/

I sent mine on the 4th Nov, and I've only just started getting offers... what uni's did you apply for?
Offer from portsmouth :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending