conditional
WOLVERHAMPTON (Last Choice, mind)
200Ucas points

LAW
conditional
Coventry Uni
BBB

...lets hope some more come through! :biggrin: :biggrin:

anyone else got offers from here for Law? Or uni of B'ham/staffordshire/nottingham trent?

When did you send your application?
Reply 1682
Hi
Im just having a few problems, i dont know which one of these places offer the best course, best prospects. Its awful having to make choices, but any advice that you can offer will be wonderful! :smile:
Original post by aeros
Hi
Im just having a few problems, i dont know which one of these places offer the best course, best prospects. Its awful having to make choices, but any advice that you can offer will be wonderful! :smile:

BPP is a college for people wanting a qualification and nothing more. Forget about a university experience and forget about deep thinking about law. If you are half decent, a well oiled machine will get you a 2:1. They are new to LLB teaching and how this plays with employers isn't yet clear. In many ways it has all of the drawbacks of GDL graduates with none of their advantages.

Sheffield Hallam is a fairly typical big city ex-Poly. It isn't appalling but no-one would suggest that law was its signature course. You will have the typical big city university experience.

Bangor would have been my choice of the three but I am old fashioned. It is a traditional small university city where everything revolves about the college or cathedral. When the University of Wales was in its pomp, Bangor students would have held their own with any from any of the redbricks. However, it seems to have been in decline for many years now. I do not know if that is just geographical remoteness or whether there is more to it than that. Prof Watkin is a cut above any of the other academics at any of the other places.
Original post by StacFace

When did you send your application?

14th November.
Wolverhampton got back to me around a week after and Coventy replied on 9th December :smile:
Original post by ninjamonkey.
14th November.
Wolverhampton got back to me around a week after and Coventy replied on 9th December :smile:

Do you know the date Wolverhampton got back to you (should be on UCAS Track next to the choice under a column called 'updated')?

Do you know the date Wolverhampton got back to you (should be on UCAS Track next to the choice under a column called 'updated')?

Twas the 29th November :smile:
Guessing you're waiting for an offer from them too?
I'm so incredibly frustrated... ARGH!!!

Really want to hear back from (ideally get an offer from) at least one of my unis soon. Sent my application off on 11th October. :frown:
Original post by Greatleysteg

Really want to hear back from (ideally get an offer from) at least one of my unis soon. Sent my application off on 11th October. :frown:

Your time will come. :colone:

How was your interview?
Original post by tehforum
Your time will come. :colone:

How was your interview?

Colon-E makes anything look ominous - even the sincerest of comfortings!

Interviews were alright; it didn't really feel like interviews, 'cause I'm already studying here. T'was just like "hey, so I'm rocking up to Wadham for a chat." Extract I had to look at felt like something right outta General Studies and the questions were meh.

I JUST DON'T KNOW TBH!!

All things considered, I'm leaning much more heavily towards the London unis and want offers from them, particularly UCL (I <3 UCL). Oxford gets tiring.

Any UoL admissions tutors reading: Offer plz? :puppyeyes: Kthxbai xx
Colon-E makes anything look ominous - even the sincerest of comfortings!

Interviews were alright; it didn't really feel like interviews, 'cause I'm already studying here. T'was just like &quot;hey, so I'm rocking up to Wadham for a chat.&quot; Extract I had to look at felt like something right outta General Studies and the questions were meh.

I JUST DON'T KNOW TBH!!

All things considered, I'm leaning much more heavily towards the London unis and want offers from them, particularly UCL (I &lt;3 UCL). Oxford gets tiring.

Any UoL admissions tutors reading: Offer plz? :puppyeyes: Kthxbai xx

Also, why didn't you just convert instead of doing a whole 3 year course?

Same here! I love UCL so much I wish they'd give me an offer :frown:
Original post by tehforum
Also, why didn't you just convert instead of doing a whole 3 year course?

Senior status :wink:

Also I don't want to convert - I want to do the full thing and not cut any corners. I'm really drawn to Law as an academic discipline, too.
GCSE: AAAABBBBC
AS GRADES: AABC
A2 PREDICTED: AAA

Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the LLB Law & Politics at Manchester? They have been the slowest to reply to me about almost everything, hoping i get an offer really want it as my second choice!

So far got offers from Exeter (AAA), Leeds (AAA) and Plymouth (BBB), still waiting on Nottingham aswell but I couldn't take the LNAT where I live.... reckon it will hamper my chances?

Anyone else got offers from Exeter or Leeds?!? I loved both of them when i visited, dont know how to choose between them!!:confused:
You'll get rejected straight away if you don't do it before 15th january (I think). Try and arrange it?
Original post by morton101
GCSE: AAAABBBBC
AS GRADES: AABC
A2 PREDICTED: AAA

Just wondering if anyone else has applied for the LLB Law &amp; Politics at Manchester? They have been the slowest to reply to me about almost everything, hoping i get an offer really want it as my second choice!

So far got offers from Exeter (AAA), Leeds (AAA) and Plymouth (BBB), still waiting on Nottingham aswell but I couldn't take the LNAT where I live.... reckon it will hamper my chances?

Anyone else got offers from Exeter or Leeds?!? I loved both of them when i visited, dont know how to choose between them!!:confused:
Reply 1695
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

I want to apply to Birmingham

my gcses were 3a* 3a's 3b's 2'c

would my gcse's hold me back ?
Reply 1696
Original post by memszie
PLEASE I NEED YOUR HELP

I want to apply to Birmingham

my gcses were 3a* 3a's 3b's 2'c

would my gcse's hold me back ?

Your GCSEs are better than mine and I got an offer. If the rest of your application is good then they probably won’t be an issue.
Original post by Fward
Yeah hope so...
The open day was good, even if it was horrid weather
Although i think its made my choice even harder now as to what to put as my firm and insurance choice

Ohh yea the weather is so bad at the moment ... im sorta glad mines in feb now :tongue: might be a little warmer then ... do you know what you wanna do afta ur degree or have you not thought that far ahead ?
What would people generally say is the top 10 unis for law in the uk at the moment?
Original post by Tsunami2011
What would people generally say is the top 10 unis for law in the uk at the moment?

What, you want all thirty of the top 10 :eek:

Quick Reply

Latest