The Student Room Group

Insurance Choice?

Dear Student Room,

I have read a lot about new applicants choosing a specific university as "insurance choice".

How does this exactly work? If i accept an offer from let's say Warwick, pay my deposit and meet the conditional offer's demands, can i still be denied my place ?

And if i pay deposit for my insurance choice, i basically loose the money right? Or do i have to lie about not meeting the demands?
Reply 1
Original post by hundredpercent
Dear Student Room,

I have read a lot about new applicants choosing a specific university as "insurance choice".

How does this exactly work? If i accept an offer from let's say Warwick, pay my deposit and meet the conditional offer's demands, can i still be denied my place ?

And if i pay deposit for my insurance choice, i basically loose the money right? Or do i have to lie about not meeting the demands?

Insurance choices are for UCAS (undergraduate) applicants applying during their final year at school who haven't got their marks yet and who may still miss their offer conditions. Based on the situation you've just described, none of this applies to you - especially if you're a postgraduate applicant and aren't applying via UCAS anyway.
Peter Griffin doesn't look so stupid now with his volcano insurance!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending