Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Worst place in the UK to live?!

Announcements Posted on
Make a difference in the community and greet new people - join the Welcome Squad! 22-10-2014
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Worst place in the UK to live?! Im going to have to say Derby or Nottingham what do you guys think?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    It depends....parts of South Yorkshire, Parts of both North and South Wales, Bits of london...the list could go on.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T'archer)
    It depends....parts of South Yorkshire, Parts of both North and South Wales, Bits of london...the list could go on.
    i thought yorkshire was quite nice?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere north of Cambridge. *hides*
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Some of east London is pretty grim...unless you love halal meat!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tony_Soprano1)
    i thought yorkshire was quite nice?
    Yorkshires a massive county though! We have some deprived places: Bradford, bits of Leeds, bits of Sheffield, most of Rotherham, Doncaster...but yes we also have places like York, Harragate and Cities such as Leeds which equals us out.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Personally most of the home counties because they all seem pretty flat and bland - particularly Bedfordshire.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Scotland
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Swindon. There's nothing there.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yorkshires a massive county though! We have some deprived places: Bradford, bits of Leeds, bits of Sheffield, most of Rotherham, Doncaster...but yes we also have places like York, Harragate and Cities such as Leeds which equals us out.
    Yorkshire is good - it has a few places to avoid - North Yorkshire is generally very wealthy and the scenery :sogood: East Yorks outside of Hull - think Beverley and entering the Vale of York is pretty rich as well. South Yorks is probably the worst - West Yorks is generally good - apart from Bradford.

I agree with Derby and Nott'm it tends to have that bland East-Midlandsy dfeel that I get in Brum as well.

I don't mean to be offensive - but I think overall Birmingham is the worst major British city. The best is Edinburgh, followed by Newcastle in my opinion. London is fascinating, but it's too big to have a generic feel.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    point made lol
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Anywhere other than somerset.
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mighty Moe)
    Scotland
    No fees, u mad????
    • 68 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wolverhampton surely. It's like a wasteland.
    • 32 followers

ReputationRep:
    Stoke-on-Trent, it's an absolute **** hole. I die a little inside every time I visit people there.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I live in Rotherham and it's not THAT bad

The town centre is appalling though.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Midlands is doing badly!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I would have to agree with Derby, but that's only because it is pretty much the place in the UK which is furthest from the sea. Derby itself may be very nice (I don't know I haven't been there), but having grown up by the sea the idea of being that far away from the coast would make it the worst place to live for me.
    • 13 followers

ReputationRep:
    Telford and Wolverhampton.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Reasons for Nottingham? :/

Barnsley IMO, **** town, no mines.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: June 22, 2011
New on TSR

Submitting your UCAS application

How long did it take for yours to be processed?

Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered Chat threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.