The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I definitely had this problem a lot last year - I was ridiculously stressed out and even though I would get a fair number of hours of sleep each night (usually 5-7), I would end up falling asleep around 5 every night for about an hour. Even this year I find that when I am very stressed my brain shuts down and I fall back into this pattern, even if only for a day or two. My only recommendation would be to try to get some exercise during the day, which will keep you fresh but also help you sleep better at night - this is what works for me.
Reply 2
yeah, i'd try and keep to a regualr routine, like don't go to bed untill 10 oclock, try and stay up, and keep active and get fresh air during the day. that way, if you wake up early in the morning, at least you're controlling your sleep more.

i just got back from uni for christmas and my sleeping patterns are so frustrating. i can't get to sleep untill usually about 4 in the morning even though i'm completely shattered, and generally wake up about 9 having had only 5 hours sleep, the days are so long! have been getting some exercise tho and it is making a difference, slowly, but surely! x
Reply 3
it's a common problem. i know it sounds dumb but try taking a nap/siesta/whatever you want to call it after lunch (if you're at uni) or when you get home from school. :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending