The Student Room Group

First year Psychology timetable-how many days at university?

Just wondering if someone can share a typical First Year Psychology timetable showing how many lectures and how many days at university you have to do.

Just out of pure curiosity, cheers.
Reply 1
i would like to know this to :colondollar:
and also how hard it is and whats expected!
Reply 2
Anyone? Two members here looking forward to your answer!
Original post by Peteo
Just wondering if someone can share a typical First Year Psychology timetable showing how many lectures and how many days at university you have to do.

Just out of pure curiosity, cheers.

It will vary from uni to uni, but GodspeedGehenna posted a very informative thread about what a Psychology degree is like, and this is what he said about his timetable:

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
What is your timetable like?

Pretty flexible. I essentially have a four day week, each day having 2-4 hours of lectures with the occasional tutorial thrown in. It's pretty independent in terms of the work that you do. This gives you plenty of time to work on your employability through volunteering, work experience, getting involved in departmental research etc. This naturally changes from year to year. In my third year most of my time will be taken up by the dissertation, lectures and essays due every week.

I hope this helps! Here is the link to the full thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=24057402#post24057402
Reply 4
As SpicyStrawberry said, it does vary from uni to uni. Generally for Psychology there's not a huge amount of contact hours though.

If I remember rightly, in my first year of uni we had 3-4 days at uni, with 3x 2 hour lectures per week, a 1 hour Stats lecture per week, one seminar (that was for a wild module though, there were no Psychology-related seminars until our second year), and weekly Stats and 'Personal Development Portfolio' (agh) workshops every week.

By second and third year you'll generally get even less contact time, so more time for research, essay-writing and Final Year Projects.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending