The Student Room Group

Student Finanace Issue!

Basically I was in the middle of applying for next years finance but it wouldn't process my application further as my passport has expired and now even though I do not plan to holiday abroad anytime soon im going to have to come up with £77.80! I dont know how long it will take to get here as I plan to send off my application form by tuesday, I noticed on the SF website it says application deadlines are:

New students should submit their application by 31 May 2011.
Returning students should submit their application by 30 June 2011

does that mean after these dates I can't apply? basically I'm a student who has completed a foundation degree and will be starting on the 3rd year of a university degree, so Im not new to SF but this course is new.

Anyway I hope someone can help me it would be much appreciated

Thank You
dealines for student finance just mean the date by which they guarantee to get it sorted before uni starts. Applications after may have to wait a while after they start to get their money. You can prove identity with a birth certificate and keep your passport with you.
Reply 2
Send your birth certificate and their poxy decleration form- I don't even have a passport- i'm not a big fan of student finance I was stupid enough to apply for the wrong year so had to send a paper application!!!!
Reply 3
Original post by hypocriticaljap
dealines for student finance just mean the date by which they guarantee to get it sorted before uni starts. Applications after may have to wait a while after they start to get their money. You can prove identity with a birth certificate and keep your passport with you.
the thing is I'd rather apply online... everyone I know who has applied by paper has had some problem.... and I guess online is quicker for them to process???? if I do just send the birth certificate does it need to be the original certificate or can it be a copy? and are you sure that if I send the birth cert they wont ask for a passport..? Im only applying for the basic loan

thanx
you must send in the original birth certificate and the downloadable form. If you do that they won't ask for a passport. As already said what do you think people do who don't have a passport?
Reply 5
Original post by hypocriticaljap
you must send in the original birth certificate and the downloadable form. If you do that they won't ask for a passport. As already said what do you think people do who don't have a passport?
Yes thanks for your help... but would you say that by sending it as a written form it takes longer for them to process in comparison to online?
Reply 6
It doenst take them longer, my boyfriend started his after me and his got sorted quicker

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending