The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2000
Currently reading 'Blood's A Rover', the third book in the 'Underworld' trilogy by James Ellroy. Amazing series starting in 1950s America and finishing in the 1970s. Covers all of the major events at the time: Vietnam, JFKs assasination, civil rights movement etc. with an exciting (albeit fictional) spin! Amazing read and would recommend to everyone (as long as you can stand a fair few gory murders)!
Reply 2001
The colour purple by Alice Walker- really unique style/narrative but i'm enjoying it so far!
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks. An extremely interesting book that I think everyone should read, or at least take some time to look into.
Reply 2003
As of right now, I'm reading 'The name of the star' by Maureen Johnson. It's good so far guys and I've read quite a few good reviews about it :smile:
Reply 2004
I just started The Kite Runner. I haven't read much yet but I like it so far.
Reply 2005
I'm reading 'Northanger Abbey' by Jane Austen at the moment. I like it :smile: Also, just finished The Hunger Games triology last week which was brilliant! Reminded me of my love for Harry Potter :biggrin:
I'm getting into 'The Fellowship of the Ring' by J R Tolkien for a LOTR movie marathon in a couple of weeks. So far, so good!
Reply 2007
The Undercover Economist by Tim Harford
All the President's Men by Bob Woodward and Carl Bernstein. The ins and outs of the Watergate story, very interesting; the famous informant "Deep Throat" especially.
Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson.
Reply 2010
Lo. Lee. Ta. Vladimir Nabokov.
Original post by twinlensreflex
I'm reading about fifteen at once. I'll list what I can remember anyhow.

The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest, American Gods (for the third time, almost finished), Shade's Children (for the second time), They Dynamics of Creation, Tekstura, Obsessions: Collectors & Their Passions, Wabi Sabi: The Japanese Art of Impermanence, The Courage To Heal, Snuff

How can you read so many at once?!

I've just began Genus by Jonathan Trigell. It seemed like it was going to be a really good book from the description but so far it's just okay.
(edited 12 years ago)
I read My Sister's Keeper about a week ago. So depressing :sad:

I'm now halfway through Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :yy:
Agaisnt Gravity by Gary Gibson.

I'm 60 odd pages in and finding it very interesting. :yy:
Reply 2014
The Invisible Man by HG Wells
Reply 2015
Starter for Ten by David Nicholls
Original post by hmaus
I just started The Kite Runner. I haven't read much yet but I like it so far.

I'm doing that for English AS. It's an amazing book, made me cry in some places though :frown:
A suitable boy by vikram seth
Its so loong but really good. anyone else read it?
The Lincoln Lawyer - love the book soooo much more than the film!
Original post by Paul McCartney
I read My Sister's Keeper about a week ago. So depressing :sad:

I'm now halfway through Neil Gaiman's Neverwhere :yy:

it was depressing..ugh! I know its very real and all that but still...i wanted a happy ending

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending