The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Richard Dawkins - 'The Ancestor's Tale'. I got bored of 'Persuasion'; I'll return to it when I feel in a more literary mood.
Technically quite a few, but mostly because I'm on hiatuses on some. Right now, I'm reading Wonder by RJ Palacio, Man's Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl and some Swedish Grammar texts.
Reply 2022
I'm halfway through Being Elizabeth by Barbara Taylor Bradford. I found it kinda boring so I'll finish that when I have no books left to read.

So I've started on Marshmallows for breakfast by Dorothy Koomson. Enjoying it :smile:
Original post by Yoghurt
The Invisible Man by HG Wells

Any good?
Reply 2024
1984-George Orwell

After agreeing with some friend i'd read that if they read Christine by stephen king I'd read 1984, not really into it yet, i know everyone really rates it, but not into it fully yet.
Original post by Chocothunder
Any good?

I liked that one :yep: - preferred it to The Time Machine and War of the Worlds.

I'm about to finish One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest; last book was Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending.
I'm reading Life of Pi by Yann Martel.
I read it a while ago and felt like reading it again. Brilliant book! :smile:
Original post by Lily Academia
I liked that one :yep: - preferred it to The Time Machine and War of the Worlds.

I'm about to finish One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest; last book was Julian Barnes' The Sense of an Ending.

Awesomesauce. I've read both War of the Worlds and The Time Machine, and whilst I find the ideas and concepts really interesting, can't help but feel that Wells' writing leaves something to be desired. But will definitely check out The Invisible Man in light of your favourable review. :smile:
Reply 2028
Finishing off 'Eat, Pray, Love' by Elizabeth Gilbert. i plan to read 'The Perks of Being a Wallflower' next, if not then 'Jane Eyre' shouldn't be too bad!
Reply 2029
Both non-fiction: Outliers by Malcom Gladwell (about how successful people are successful) and Russell's History of Western Philosophy (I'm about 20 pages in to 750). I've been looking forward to reading Van Gogh's letters, which I bought about a month ago, but for some reason have yet to start.
Reply 2030
Nothing To Envy(Real Lives in North Korea) by Barbara Demick

I'm about 2/3 of the way through, and it is great. I'd highly reccomend it for anyone who wants to find out about North Korea some of it's ordinary citizens.
Just finished Fahrenheit 452 by Ray Bradbury, crazy short.

Got 5 chapters left of Ragged Trousered Philanthropists left... why is this book so long?! D: It's a fantastic piece of political literature, and there are so many people I'd love for them to read it, but it's just so ridiculously long, the only people who will power through to the end are people who already agree with the ideology in the first place.
A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin and Alone by T. R. Sullivan.
Artemis Fowl, i figured it was about time I read them:biggrin:
Ive been reading sort of one a night, not getting to sleep til one am...
Started The Hunger Games last night - only a couple of pages in though.
Reply 2035
Haven't actually started a new book yet, currently choosing between Neuromancer by William Gibson and Sanctus by Simon Toyne...
The Secret Adversary by Agatha Christie. I'm a big fan of Poirot and Miss Marple (have read almost all of them at this stage) but this is my first Tommy and Tuppence book. It's an enjoyable read so far, but a bit more adventure than murder mystery - I tend to prefer the latter. Am still managing to get through it at a reasonable pace, and have another Agatha (Nemesis) awaiting me when I'm done :biggrin:
I just finished Fellowship of the Ring.

Now i'm just starting The Two Towers.

Some classic fantasy goodness.
Reply 2038
I cannot get over how much I loved Hard Times by Charles Dickens :^_^:
I think I'm going to start reading Catch 22 next.
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. :yy:

Spoiler

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending