The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

I'm currently reading 'The Passion' by Jeanette Winterson and 'Remains of the Day' by Kazuo Ishiguro :wink:
Currently reading the First book in the Left Behind series.
Reply 6622
I HUGELY under-estimated the amount of great knowledge that can be obtained by reading good books that give you a whole different perspective about life and learning from the greats! Happy that I have realised this now instead of when it may have been too late...
Can anyone recommend a novel about the inequalities within life? Preferably something pretty easy to read as I have a busy demanding schedule. But those books are so fascinating to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6624
Original post by soanonymous
Can anyone recommend a novel about the inequalities within life? Preferably something pretty easy to read as I have a busy demanding schedule. But those books are so fascinating to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you not got the audible app? You can buy books from there (for fairly reasonable prices) that way you can listen to them as you walk or when your sat in the train or something...

It's amazing! :smile:
Original post by a10
Have you not got the audible app? You can buy books from there (for fairly reasonable prices) that way you can listen to them as you walk or when your sat in the train or something...

It's amazing! :smile:

I hate listening to audios, I find I just space out and completely ignore everything being said. I much prefer reading the words myself

Posted from TSR Mobile
robinson crusoe :biggrin:
Divergent.
Hi there, currently reading 2084: The Chronicles of Hope. It's the third book in this series - i'm on the email list for these books and the author sent a newsletter asking us all to spread the word this weekend - www.thechroniclesofhope.com. I loved the first two in the series and the third, 2084, was out yesterday. They're about a visionary, humanitarian, working-class genius MP, so is the perfect time to get into them what with the dross modern politicians we have in our face now at election time. If you can share them on social media then it will help spread the word about an alternative politician this world sorely needs, a man called Frank Noon. Thanks
I've just started The Jungle Book by Rudyard Kipling.
Just finished To Kill A Mockingbird. What a thoroughly amazing novel. So many great characters, so many themes explored. Also, I want some pecan pie now.
Original post by Sir Fox
Just finished To Kill A Mockingbird. What a thoroughly amazing novel. So many great characters, so many themes explored. Also, I want some pecan pie now.

This is one of my all time favourite books. Just a beautiful story that so accurately depicts humans, with both their flaws and their best bits.
Love it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6632
About to start reading one called the conduct of life!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by bookworm246love
robinson crusoe :biggrin:

Enjoying it so far? :smile:
Im currently reading The Fellowship Of The Ring
I would definitely recommend the trilogy for anyone who watched LOTR or who likes fantasy books in general, although I would say to read the hobbit first.
Currently reading Nausea by Jean Paul Sartre, The Opposite Of Loneliness (still) and The Street.

I keep buying more books despite not having currently gotten through all the ones I need to read :/
Just started All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, will probably start Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy by John Le Carré tomorrow. The Autumn of the Patriarch by Gabriel Garcia Marquez should arrive on Monday or Tuesday. Gotta keep yourself busy :biggrin:
Currently reading A Theft of Swords by Michael J Sullivan. I am hoping to replace movies and TV shows with books once again.
At the moment I am reading an interesting book about the lost empires from different cultures, to be exact the empire of the mayas right now.
Original post by Kallisto
At the moment I am reading an interesting book about the lost empires from different cultures, to be exact the empire of the mayas right now.

Das große Buch der Archäologie: Expeditionen in mythische Welten?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending