The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Life is what you make it by Peter Buffett
Heritage of Ireland by Nathaniel Harris.

Picked it from Easons for 5.99 using my voucher.
Original post by TitanCream
SPQR, Mary Beard. Fantastic read!!

I'm intrigued.

Is it by chance about Ancient Rome?
Reply 7023
Hetty Feather by Jacqueline Wilson.(for the millionth time lol) Love her adventures so much x
Original post by Georg Hegel
I just finished that! It's well worth the read. I had a huge Christmas book haul from Wordery, so I'm currently reading Tom Jones by Henry Fielding for my MA. It's apparently one of the first English 'novels' but hopefully I'll enjoy it...

Good to hear! Liking it so far, got the book and the BBC radio adaptation with Kenneth Branagh from audible. 'Tis good stuff.

Now moving onto Derrida and Theology by Steven Shakespeare <3
Original post by IMakeSenseToNone
Good to hear! Liking it so far, got the book and the BBC radio adaptation with Kenneth Branagh from audible. 'Tis good stuff.

Now moving onto Derrida and Theology by Steven Shakespeare <3

Ahhh I started with that adaption but it was so good I stopped and bought the book :-) I think Viktor (Branagh) doesn't come into the book until page 50 though, there is a lot of chopping and changing between the book and the adaption. I think there should be a list of character names at the back of the book depending on your edition though.

I'm still reading Roland Barthes but it feels like:boing:
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
I'm intrigued.

Is it by chance about Ancient Rome?

It is, such a great read!
I was beginning to read the book "I am malala". It is an autobiography about the courage girl Malala Yousafzai who is fighting for education for female gender in islamic districts and got the peace nobel prize as the youngest laureate who has ever won.
I've just picked up Fifteen Dogs by André Alexis. It's about a group of dogs who are staying overnight in a veterinary clinic that are granted the power of human thought by Hermes and Apollo (who had been drinking in a bar and made a bet). I've literally only read the first page but I am excited to read on. It's my kind of book.
I am still reading the autobiography of Malala. Boy, that is so interesting! it even contains an interview with her!
I just read The Cambridge Companion to Narrative; I don't normally read these cover to cover but it's been a real godsend for my essay :-) I am still reading Tom Jones though, I didn't realise it was so long...
I am currently re-reading Winter of the World by Ken Follett, I really like his way of connecting the different stories and families. Although Edge of Eternity was a little disappointing after the first two of his century triolgy :K:
and also I got Nackt unter Wölfen (I suppose the English title is Naked among Wolves) by Bruno Apitz. It's really good but definitely not a 'just for fun' read .. rather depressing at times ..
Still reading Malala and in the meantime something about the Roman empire, the octavian era to be exact.
Lolita and the Alchemist
Titan: The life of John D. Rockefeller by Ron Chernow.
Just finished the "Electric Kool Aid Acid Test", now onto "On The Road"..

Fully embracing my hippie / 60s phase :smile:
Against Moral Responsibility by Bruce N. Waller
Light as a part of the gone series by Michael Grant

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same! The gone series is pretty good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm reading The Woman in white by Wilkie Collins.
I've recently read Sister by Rosamund Lupton which was amazing! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending