The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

I'm reading quite a few books simultaneously but most recently I started "Eragon" by Paolini after getting it in the 2nd hand bookshop
Am really loving it and would recommend it highly :yy:
Original post by muf_mur
Empire of Storms by Sarah J Maas

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. That book is amazing too best one is series so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. That book is amazing too best one is series so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've read that one too. Her books are amazing!
Original post by muf_mur
I've read that one too. Her books are amazing!

I finished an empire of storms and was so depressed I decided to read a court of thorns and roses series straight away glad I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WesterosWildling
I finished an empire of storms and was so depressed I decided to read a court of thorns and roses series straight away glad I did.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah. EoS wasn't as good as the previous books. And I did not see that ending coming.It was just sadistic and unexpected.
Original post by muf_mur
Yeah. EoS wasn't as good as the previous books. And I did not see that ending coming.It was just sadistic and unexpected.

Nah I did really like it, I was depressed in a why do u do this to me kind of way. I didn't think the first 2 books were that great but after heir of fire it was like a different series

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sheep_go_baa
The Amber Spyglass
You're never too old for anything Pullman :colone:

Agreed - I read those books when I was younger but I would still enjoy them now.

Just finished the Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. It was great. A bit meandering but the language was beautiful and you could tell he'd put a lot of thought into the book. Now got to wait for the next one.

About to start the Long Earth series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter, which I've wanted to read for ages.
Finally got round to reading Peter Pan, and now that's finished I'm dragging my feet through Mistress of My Fate by Hallie Rubenhold. It started off great but the sex scenes are abysmal for a published writer and historian :/ I might abandon it and read my next book lined up - Swordspoint by Ellen Kushner.
this awesome book its so HILARIOUS,
The story of my life
the hilarious failure of a book which is the story of my life
Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee
Currently reading the Long Earth Series by Terry Pratchett and Stephen Baxter. Finished the Long Earth (loved it) and now on the Long War.

Recommend to all TP fans and sci fi fans.
A fistful of charms by Kim Harrison (Book 4 of the series)
Influential Magic by Deanna Chase. Got it free on Amazon. I was a third of the way through the Love's Ocean series by Amanda Heartly but needed something a little lighter for a change of pace. I thought it would be daft (I'm not a big YA paranormal reader) but I'm surprisingly really enjoying it.*
As a Man Thinketh by James Allen
Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson. I've read his Mistborn books - they were fantastic - so decided to try the Reckoners series. Enjoying so far!
mikro- und makrooeknomik
tis a good read, i give it 10/10
would definitely recommend
A German-written novel by Alexander Spoerl. Translated into English language: 'memoirs of an average student'.*

Although the story has a reference to Nazi era, it is the funniest book I have ever read, and I got the half of it yet. *
Junky, Williams Burroughs
Rainer Maria Rilke, The notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge.

Like the expressionistic prose of this novel. And the lots of motives in it (poverty, anxiety, life in modern city, being a poet, society, death experience, the human as an individual, etc.) but as it has not really a structure of a storyline, it is a bit hard to read.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending