The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

"The principles of chemistry", by Dimitri Mendeleev.
Original post by WesterosWildling
A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas. That book is amazing too best one is series so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my god! Yaaas a court of mist and fury was bomb. #Tamlinthetool #RHYSANDANDFEYREGOALS oh my god the ship is real!! 😜😂😂😂🎉

Posted from TSR Mobile
Things Fall Apart- Chinua Achebe

Good Read :smile:
I just finished re-reading Louise O'Neill's Asking For It and Alice Oseman's Radio Silence, and I'll be starting and finishing Stealing Snow by Danielle Paige and The Black Key by Amy Ewing this week.
Am currently on Volume V of Marcel Proust's 6-part series, In Search of Lost Time.

I've never read a series like it. The writing is exquisite and the entire series gives you a deep insight into human emotions, obsessions and relationships (and much, much more).

I am beginning to find it a bit of a chore now though. I'm so close to finishing the series but I don't want to rush through the books, otherwise I'll miss Proust's beautiful metaphors and perspectives on humanity.
The War of Art - Steven Pressfield
I'm reading Crosstalk by Connie Willis. I'm almost 40% through it and it's enjoyable but some things are nothing short of irritable!
Just finished Llunar park, ( bret easton ellis )
Madame Bovary in French. I thought I'd give it a whirl, given I've read the translation about three times!
Behind Closed Doors by B A Paris

don't know how i feel about it at the moment i'm almost half way through
Disclaimer by Renee Knight
The North Water by Ian McGuire - it's incredibly on the nose and visceral, which paints a very atmospheric scene.
Nearly finished Oblivion (final book in the Power of Five series). After that I will have finished all of Anthony Horowitz's books, yay. :tongue:

Next up I have The Great Zoo Of China (Matthew Reilly) and Filth (Irvine Welsh).
Memory Man by David Baldacci
Waga hai neko de aru~ ( I am a cat) by Natsume Souseki~
David Copperfield... the start seems to be tragic... to be born when your father dies...
And having an aunt who wants to have a niece...Woah!

By Charles Dickens
I like Carlos Castaneda. I read it all time when I feel nervous
I'm reading 'Demelza' by Winston Graham, which is the second Poldark novel. It is a nice bit of light reading, but it is an interesting book because it conveys Cornish life in the 18th century. I'm also reading 'The Casual Vacancy' by J.K Rowling-I think it is an important book because it explores many of the issues we face in modern society, but I am finding it a little depressing!
Original post by Reality Check
Madame Bovary in French. I thought I'd give it a whirl, given I've read the translation about three times!

That's quite brave-I'm considering reading a Francoise Sagan novel in French. I don't know much French, but I think it is a good idea to get to know the language. I've read Madame Bovary, I enjoyed it. I haven't yet read any of Flaubert's other work, have you? If so, did you enjoy it?
Original post by Popsi57
That's quite brave-I'm considering reading a Francoise Sagan novel in French. I don't know much French, but I think it is a good idea to get to know the language. I've read Madame Bovary, I enjoyed it. I haven't yet read any of Flaubert's other work, have you? If so, did you enjoy it?

Yes, very much. It is quite ambitious but of course it helps enormously to have read the translation first! I think this might be cheating somewhat, but it worked for me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending