The Student Room Group

What Book Are You Reading Now? Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Long Before Dawn by James Viscosi

It's one of those Vampire thriller things. Since it's my first time reading a vampire book, I'm unsure about reading another one, but it's strangely absorbing for something bought on a whim... :holmes:
Reply 161
Currently reading Earwig and the Witch, can't believe Diana Wynne Jones is dead!
Original post by shinabu
can't believe Diana Wynne Jones is dead!

SAY WHAT NOW?! :frown: That makes me very sad.
Reply 163
Original post by lizzybobzehorse
SAY WHAT NOW?! :frown: That makes me very sad.

I know! She died in March! I only found out this morning when my copy of Earwig and the Witch arrived to review with a note from the publisher talking about her recent death :O
Anansi Boys - Neil Gaiman
Has anybody read anything by Isabel Allende? A lot of her titles look very interesting and I was hoping for some recommendations. As for me, I'll be re-reading my unit books in preperation for the upcoming exam -- Great Expectation, Jekyll and Hyde, et al.
Reply 166
Jane Eyre
The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters.

I'm really enjoying both of them
Reply 167
My copy of War and Peace arrived yesterday - although I'm not going to start it until I've read a few others that I planned to read this summer - it is quite a beast!
Reply 168
Original post by jetsetgirl
Has anybody read anything by Isabel Allende? A lot of her titles look very interesting and I was hoping for some recommendations. As for me, I'll be re-reading my unit books in preperation for the upcoming exam -- Great Expectation, Jekyll and Hyde, et al.

Yeah, I've read The House of the Spirits and My Invented Country. The House of the Spirits is the novel to read of hers. Highly recommended!
Will be starting The Gladiator by Simon Scarrow later today.
I'm reading though the Gone series my Michael Grant;
they're awesome books, well written :smile:

Gone, Hunger, Lies and Plague are the four out at the moment, with two more still to come, Fear and Light :smile:
Original post by Ronove
Yeah, I've read The House of the Spirits and My Invented Country. The House of the Spirits is the novel to read of hers. Highly recommended!

Ooh, it sounds good! Added to my holiday reading list. :smile:
The Centaur by John Updike. Brilliant so far, defo worth looking up.
Reply 173
I'm reading The Help. It's very good- thoroughly recommend it!
I'm reading a biography of the young romantics by Daisy Hay which is pretty well written and engaging. Alongside that I've got 'The Crying of Lot 49' by Thomas Pynchon, a very interesting book but slightly chaotic.
Reply 175
Original post by ManicMetalhead

Gone, Hunger, Lies and Plague are the four out at the moment, with two more still to come, Fear and Light :smile:

I only got about halfway through Gone before I gave up on it, I just really didn't like it. I found it too odd a mix of childishness and real gore. : /
Original post by ManicMetalhead

im half way through hunger
i loved Gone
The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove by Lauren Kate
loving this book
Reply 178
In Cold Blood - Truman Capote

Its pretty good so far...
Reply 179
Blue Moon by Alyson Noël.

I don't like it at all. But I will finish it anyway, because I have stupid obstinacy to finish what I have begun. And I am pretty sure, that I will read following books of The Immortals. Stupid me.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending