The Student Room Group

Biology OCR F214 22nd June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by fevziye
really what makes you say that? :frown:

I have a feeling OCR is on a Plant Flex this year :K: every paper seems to be mostly about plants and plus, excretion and respiration came up last year so its most likely going to be big big photosynthesis (that rhymed in my head...)
Reply 81
Original post by good morning
28 would be a C
27 would be something like 34 ums from last years grade boundaries
http://www.ocr.org.uk/download/admin/ocr_47951_admin_mk_grd_bound_jun_10.pdf

good morning to u 2! suppose it's morning. lol

thnx for the link
Reply 82
Original post by sportycricketer
Is it because of us sitting the A2 Ecology Paper the other day? Haha :/. I heard from F212 people that it was quite plant based as well but the thing is they wont have every module to be Plants? :s-smilie: but who knows

Yeah we do indeed, but I don't think they will test it again cos it was in one of the three past papers like labelling a diagram, it might turn out to be part of an essay on excretion maybe :smile:

I have a wierd feeling a scientist with a PhD in Botany has been writing these papers.... The practical assessment was photosynthesis too!

And thanks :smile: Just need to know the spec really.:eek:
Original post by Killmepls
Only got a few days to revise for this shizzle, anyone got some tips :\ ?

F214 is all about 'picturing the narrative in your head' - meaning it's like a story i.e stages of respiration, and the whole PCT stuff. You need to make sure you know how to identify which part of the spec they're asking assessing you on - and then you need to write every buzzword you can think of - don't waste your time writing waffly essays - stick to buzzwords - but just write a hell of a lot.

Make sure you know the content fairly well and take a highlighter into the paper - you'll be surprised how much they can save your ass :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Original post by R.Fanatic
I have a feeling OCR is on a Plant Flex this year :K: every paper seems to be mostly about plants and plus, excretion and respiration came up last year so its most likely going to be big big photosynthesis (that rhymed in my head...)

yeah it looks like it. Just do all the questions in the text book & cetera. They can't fool us! (I Hope......) :confused:
Reply 85
Original post by thefirstnotlastsamurai
F214 is all about 'picturing the narrative in your head' - meaning it's like a story i.e stages of respiration, and the whole PCT stuff. You need to make sure you know how to identify which part of the spec they're asking assessing you on - and then you need to write every buzzword you can think of - don't waste your time writing waffly essays - stick to buzzwords - but just write a hell of a lot.

Make sure you know the content fairly well and take a highlighter into the paper - you'll be surprised how much they can save your ass :wink:

buzzwords? highighter (are we allowed to use one?)
Reply 86
Original post by Flint_09
buzzwords? highighter (are we allowed to use one?)

Yerrr Boi, thats actually an awesome idea...
Buzzwords: key terms that will guarantee you hit the mark scheme.

For example - you see a question on oxidative phosphorylation - you immediately think: chemiosmosis, proton motive force, electrochemical gradient, ATPase ect - then you just coherently order them (make sure they answer the question ofcourse)

I've always used a highlighter.
Reply 88
Need to start revision =o
Wow I never realised how boring unit 4 actually was, unit 5 is so much more interesting than this lol..
Is anyone doing chem unit 4 next week also?
Anyone got a list of which topics which havent been covered in the papers before?
Reply 91
How are people revising for this? I'm reading through the spec and then do past papers because I haven't got enough time to write out notes all over again :frown:
Original post by sillysal
How are people revising for this? I'm reading through the spec and then do past papers because I haven't got enough time to write out notes all over again :frown:

reading through my notes as well and will start papers later today :smile:
Reply 93

yeh it's a lot better as we already know the basics of it anyway, if this was an entirely new unit, i think there wouldn't be any point in me sitting the exam lol
Reply 94
Original post by thefirstnotlastsamurai
Buzzwords: key terms that will guarantee you hit the mark scheme.

For example - you see a question on oxidative phosphorylation - you immediately think: chemiosmosis, proton motive force, electrochemical gradient, ATPase ect - then you just coherently order them (make sure they answer the question ofcourse)

I've always used a highlighter.

brilliant!

Only papers relevant to this module are 2804 Central Concepts, and even then it is about two thirds of the paper which is relevant to F214.

At the PhilipAllan conference I met the examiners :biggrin: One of them has a Zoology degree so that might be a sign of what is to come :rolleyes: lol

Photosynthesis
Respiration
Kidney Liver
Nerves (considered difficult for many candidates) hmmm

Could the entire paper be based upon Photosynthesis? hmmm
Reply 96
Original post by intellectual1
Only papers relevant to this module are 2804 Central Concepts, and even then it is about two thirds of the paper which is relevant to F214.

At the PhilipAllan conference I met the examiners :biggrin: One of them has a Zoology degree so that might be a sign of what is to come :rolleyes: lol

Photosynthesis
Respiration
Kidney Liver
Nerves (considered difficult for many candidates) hmmm

Could the entire paper be based upon Photosynthesis? hmmm

someone's heart has been beating on photosynthesis for a few days, he must be revising it to the full and if 70% of the paper is on this topic I'm screwed. But lucky is he
Reply 97
anyone got good video links to f214 topics of photosyn...liver...kidne....respiratio....u name it?
Original post by Flint_09
anyone got good video links to f214 topics of photosyn...liver...kidne....respiratio....u name it?

check out khanacademy, really nice detailed videos!
Reply 99
Original post by intellectual1

Actually, the 2805/05 mammalian physiology and behaviour papers and 2805/03 environmental biology have a bit of relevant questions in them - check it out if you've done most other papers :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending