The Student Room Group

Nursing September 2012.

Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone who's looking to do adult nursing in 2012 has started looking at universities yet. My sixth form starts its UCAS application next month. Im still confused about where i want to go. Anyone definitely decided where they wanna go yet? and if so why?
Reply 1
I applied this year for Adult Nursing actually but because of the high rise in applications, I wasn't very successful. I blame it down to mostly my personal statement being quite weak since I had to completely start from scratch the night before it was submitted. Sadly lost my first & final draft, so that was pretty unlucky. However, I've decided on applying to UWS (University of the West of Scotland) and GCU (Glasgow Calidonian University) mostly because they're quiet close to where I currently live and they have really good reputations in regards to the Nursing degree course. So, hopefully I'll be more successful this time round. Good Luck ! :smile:
Reply 2
Oh what a shame! Thats so unlucky about your personal statement being lost! I think im gonna apply to Manchester as it seems quite good but im not sure where else. I dont want to go too far away from home, i was interested in Keele but thats like 3 hours away from me! I hope you do have more success and atleast you'll have some more time to do your personal statement :smile: thanks good luck to you aswell!
Reply 3
I haven't applied yet, but am going to. I am supper egar for Kings College in London. Looks like such a good uni, and would love to study in London. However the grade boundaries are BBB :-| and I'm only predicted ABDc. So i'm aiming for higher grades! If all fails with that, I am interested in Cardiff, Bournemouth and UWE as these are near to my home.

What kind of work experience is everybody seeking? Ive managed to do 1 week in minor injuries and 8 weeks on an elderly patient ward. Do people think this will be enough? Or should I also be gaining experience in nursing homes (very difficult to do as they dont like students!) mmmh!?
Reply 4
I will be applying for 2012. :smile:

I want to apply to Kingston, Kings and City Uni because I really want to experience living in London. I will also be applying to Northumbria Uni and Teeside Uni because they are my local Unis and I maybe able to get secondment form the department I work in :smile: also it will keep me in my local area.

I wouldnt mind going to any of them though. I really want to be a nurse so I am not going to worry about which is my first or last choice. One offer is enough for me :smile:
Yeah - I'm looking at LJMU and leeds Met, LJMU is my top one so far :biggrin: I'm going to do adult nursing and I'd like to go into A&E
Hi :smile:

I'm looking at uni's quite close to home, so Southampton, Bournemouth, UWE, Surrey... I really like Norwich so maybe UEA although it's further away.

I'm debating whether or not to actually stay living at home or move away for uni - all i'm hoping for is an offer from somewhere, given the oversubscription of nursing courses at the moment

Quick Reply

Latest