The Student Room Group

Has anyone worked at Ardmore language schools before?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Slbrown92
Anyone working there this summer? I've got a job as Senior Welfare Leader at the Royal Hospital School in Ipswich :smile: xx

heyy im working there as well! when do you start? i got my info yesterday and says i have to be there for 12noon on 1st july! i have to travel near enough 5hours to get there. x
I am starting on the 30th at 12 noon, what centre are you at? X

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 22
Im at royal hospital in ipswich
You? X
This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my GT-I9100
I worked there last year :smile: I'm at liddington this year. Where do you have to travel from? X

Reply 24
What's it like there? From lancashire x

It's really nice but in the middle of nowhere, there is a bus to Ipswich but its pretty random. But on your days off you can walk to the next village which has a small shop an that :smile: the grounds are lovely! Overlook the estuary/river and it's very green, the food is amazing! As well all the staff from the school are really nice too x

Reply 26
Ahh that sounds fine then! I Google mapped it and it looks quite nice just didn't know what to expect :/ should be fine! Thankyou! You have Set my mind at ease a bit (: x

Reply 27
Original post by kalala
Ahh that sounds fine then! I Google mapped it and it looks quite nice just didn't know what to expect :/ should be fine! Thankyou! You have Set my mind at ease a bit (: x

Yeah I've got to be there for 12 on the 1st too! There's no trains that get me there for that time so I'm gonna go the day before and stay somewhere in Ipswich I think. Are you there for 6 weeks too? x
Reply 28
Yeah well i might go stop somewhere we shall see!! Hahaa! Yeah i am take it you are x

Original post by kelsbean21
I worked there last year :smile: I'm at liddington this year. Where do you have to travel from? X

Liddington is amazing! I worked for PGL there for the past two years. Good social life and atmosphere. I put that as my first choice this year for Ardmore, but got Bedales instead. Anyone else going to Bedales? I'm getting excited! Just over two weeks till i start.

Katie x
Im looking forwards to it, is it easy to get there from Swindon?

Will you be using public transport? If so it's about £10.00 in a taxi, or you can get a bus from the bus station, which is like 5 mins from train station. The bus is about £3.00. I can't remeber off the top of my head which bus it is, but I can find out for you if you like.

Katie x
Yeah I'm getting the national express to Swindon bus station I can probably just get a taxi from there :smile: how did you find it? X

supposed to be working for Ardmore tomorrow. How did you guys enjoy the experience?
Reply 34
Hi guys! i'm gonna work for Ardmore this summer and I was wondering if you could tell me if you had to arrive at your place of work a day before your contrac started or the same day was fine? I just want to book a flight :wink:
How did you like it? Was it fun?
Reply 35
Hi guys! I'm gonna work for Ardmore this summer and I was wondering if you could tell me if you had to arrive at your place of work a day earlier before your contract started? or the same day was fine? I just want to book a flight in advance? How didi you like it?? Thanks :smile:
Reply 36
I'm with a friend and we're also working at Ardmore this summer! Chichester and Queen Anne's school. What center are you working at? :smile: I can't answer your question because I've never worked for them before though, sorry!
Reply 37
I worked for Ardmore last summer and I am working with then again this year. Last year you just arrived on the day your contract started :smile: There was time to settle in and get to know each other a little but I guess each place is different!
Reply 38
I'm glad that there are reply's in the last few weeks I have a interview for the role as Head of Pastoral Care. what is the interview process like? My interview is in the morning :biggrin: From the sound of these comments it look really enjoyable :smile:
Hello...

I've just finished school and I've been employed as an activity leader by Ardmore at the Royal Hospital School this summer

Just wondering if anybody else is at this centre? Bit worried about being the only young person...never done anything like this before but looking forward to it.

Any comments?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending