The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
"the thing is with the '100 places' letter that warwick sent out - they make way more offers than 100 cos most people who apply there dont consider it as their 1st choice and so wont go there. They make way more offers than places to fill up all the spaces."

I was wondering about that...how many people do they offer places to? Surely its a bit risky if everyone accepts and they get 400 people! :eek:
Reply 21
I guess all the unis base the amount of offers they give out on what's happened in the years before - they can make pretty good guesses as to how many people will accept.
Reply 22
I've been rejected from King's and Oxford which makes me think either 1) my interviews = rubbish or 2) there's something wrong with my written applications.. or possibly 3) my grades aren't as high as most top ten uni's applicants.

I'd set my heart on Warwick beforehand but now think Sheffield will suit me more. Either way, I was wondering about the 15:1 competition thing. Surely they have to make more offers as Oxford people will most definitely reject Warwick!

At a Queen Mary open day, they said they make 400 History offers for about 100 places, so hopefully Warwick will do the same sort of thing. Also do uni's have rounds of offers, as quite a few Warwick ones have been made...is that sort of like taking the creme de la creme and then so on from then?

Come on Warwick! Get in gear!
if the unis accept you and u fit their requirements when results are issued, im pretty sure that they have to accept you - even if they have too many places. they can't go back once they've offered you a place. v. rarely it happens tho.
Reply 24
Not completely sure....but haven't Warwick been giving offers to international students not UK students or am I wrong?
Reply 25
i really want an offer from warwick for history and culture...

People who have had them what are your predicted grades?
I got an offer from Bristol just now

Looks like they are starting to send them out! Good luck guys
Reply 27
just got an offer for history at bristol too. AAB
Reply 28
Awh well done on your Bristol offers! Any questions about the course/place, feel free to ask :smile:
Reply 29
Modern History V100 @ Warwick.. Unconditional. Got mine about the 13th December.. :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 30
well done everyone with offers :smile: i'm still waiting :frown:
Reply 31
I've Not Got One!!! But I Want One! Nowwwwwww
Sam
Reply 32
Has any1 applied 4 History and Culture and plannin on takin a non lang option? Applied to do Film and TV wiv the history! But would prob prefer to go to Liverpool or Durham than Warwick!
Reply 33
caroline - i've applied for the history and culture option with no language. Have you put in you apllication which other subject with history you want to do? were we supposed to do that??? *big panic*
elvliz
caroline - i've applied for the history and culture option with no language. Have you put in you apllication which other subject with history you want to do? were we supposed to do that??? *big panic*

u just had to put hc in further details! well i hope it was all anyway!
Reply 35
I applied for History and Culture (no language) at Warwick and didnt specify which strand i was applying for and was emailed by the admissions office

"Thank you for your application to read History and Culture at The University of
Warwick. The Course Selectors are currently considering your application, but
would be grateful if you could confirm which stream of the degree you wish to be
considered for, as soon as possible.

The streams you are eligible for are:

History and Culture (no language 3years)
History and Culture WITH Spanish (25% language 3years)
History and Culture AND Spanish (50% language 4 years)
History and Culture WITH Italian (25% language 3 years)
History and Culture AND Italian (50% language 4 years)

Many thanks for your assistance in this matter."
Reply 36
thats good blonde bomb when did you get that email? :smile:
Reply 37
I recieved the email on January 10th about a month after i applied, hope its helpful!
Reply 38
yep that means they were considering apllications for our course on the 10th january :smile: what grades are ya predicited? :smile:
Reply 39
Predicted ABBc so probably wont get an offer, but the course looks really good and it would probably be my 1st choice.

Latest

Trending

Trending