The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by It could be lupus
Trinity. To be honest it could be either entertaining or really bad. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I need to be in a certain mood to listen to her.

Also congrats! Which country are you moving to?

I used to be a Trinity! We never had anyone that cool headlining an act when I was there...SIGH. Cascada rocks my socks!

I am moving to Qatar. I live in the Middle East already so it's not a huge move but fun and nerve-racking all the same.

And thank you @Ukebert :biggrin:
Reply 181
Would any kind person who has access to this journal be willing to send me this article? http://hahr.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/2/173

It would be very useful for my dissertation!
Original post by Crazy_emz
Would any kind person who has access to this journal be willing to send me this article? http://hahr.dukejournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/88/2/173

It would be very useful for my dissertation!

PM me an email address / way to send it to you. :smile:
Reply 183
Original post by alex_hk90
PM me an email address / way to send it to you. :smile:

PMed....thank you! :biggrin:
Reply 184
So....the students at my uni in Chile have declared a general strike in response to education cuts and are thinking of occupying the university. The Carabineros (special forces) have entered the university several times in the past few days, and have used tear gas against students. There have also been people outside the university throwing molotovs at the police...I'm used to seeing a police presence outside the uni (there's normally a big scary police van/army truck outside the main entrance at least once a fortnight), but this is the first time I've seen them inside the university (this is a video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZOTZQP-3ZE&feature=player_embedded#at=100 And I'm a bit scared of getting caught up in this (the Chilean police have a reputation for being among the most repressive in Latin America, other students have told me that the police don't hesitate to arrest anyone they find if they enter the university, even if they're not actually doing anything wrong, and if I get arrested, I could get deported...) And I've also been tear gassed once this year, and it was extremely unpleasant.

I support the protests, but I would kind of like everything to return to normal, and to be able to go travelling before returning to England, instead of having to make up classes. So yeah, sorry for the rant, but I'm a bit scared and fed up.
Reply 185
Original post by Gesar
Next Saturday we will go for coffee and I will give you a cake tin as a house-warming present :yep:

YAY!! But alas I'm working all day Saturday, how is Sunday for you?

Original post by alex_hk90
Murray seemed to have an injured ankle in an earlier round, only to win a 5-setter coming from 2 sets to none down, and has since made it through to the semi-finals (tomorrow) where he will play Nadal (started slow but picking up his play recently). The other men's semi-final is Djokovic (on an epic 40+ game winning streak) against Federer (solid progress so far). In the women's, the final is Li Na (who beat Sharapova today) against Schiavone (the winner from last year, who beat home player Bartoli today). Tomorrow is going to be epic. :yep:

Thank you. Awesome. Although I can't rep you because I have reached the number of posts I can rep today :s-smilie:
Reply 186
Original post by smilepea
YAY!! But alas I'm working all day Saturday, how is Sunday for you?

Sunday's actually better for me :yep:
Reply 187
I am really miserable at the moment :frown: Project is going really badly and I've had to pull out of the Thaxted Ring Meeting AGAIN, having been looking forward to it for months. Plus I'm feeling utterly dreadful.
Tennis was really good today. Federer played amazingly to beat Djokovic. Federer v Nadal final :awesome:
Original post by It could be lupus
Tennis was really good today. Federer played amazingly to beat Djokovic. Federer v Nadal final :awesome:

It was amazing, I watched it from start to finish - one of the best afternoons I've ever had! Federer is still god.
Reply 190
Original post by The West Wing
It was amazing, I watched it from start to finish - one of the best afternoons I've ever had! Federer is still god.

Murray Nadal was not bad either! On the other hand, wasn't so great from the working aspect, but a brilliant day!
Reply 191
I am really unhappy at the moment :frown: This project is such a disaster and I'm thinking of talking to my tutor to get an allowance for the last week, which was pretty much a washout due to hayfever. It'd be good to talk to someone at least. However, presentation on Friday, two reports in on Saturday. It's going to be a long week.
Original post by ukebert
I am really unhappy at the moment :frown: This project is such a disaster and I'm thinking of talking to my tutor to get an allowance for the last week, which was pretty much a washout due to hayfever. It'd be good to talk to someone at least. However, presentation on Friday, two reports in on Saturday. It's going to be a long week.

Awww. :frown: Well, speaking to your tutor can't hurt - might as well give it a go. :yep:
Original post by The West Wing
I've had 2 out of 5, two more this week. Equity went OK, I did 3 questions well and messed up the other one. Have you started yet?

so you've almost done now i take it? good times! hopefully equity will still be ok for you. i start on monday. finish on the 14th though.
Urgh. I'm so ill. Since yesterday morning I've been so rediculously thirsty the whole time. I keep drinking but it just won't go away. I must have drunk > 5L yesterday. I've got a killer headache and feel really sick. NHS direct told me to go to A & E last night, but after seeing the nurse, she thinks I just need to rest. I am so tired as I was up all night, and I just can't concentrate. I don't know how I'm going to do my exam on Monday.
Original post by Mrs Cullen
Urgh. I'm so ill. Since yesterday morning I've been so rediculously thirsty the whole time. I keep drinking but it just won't go away. I must have drunk > 5L yesterday. I've got a killer headache and feel really sick. NHS direct told me to go to A & E last night, but after seeing the nurse, she thinks I just need to rest. I am so tired as I was up all night, and I just can't concentrate. I don't know how I'm going to do my exam on Monday.

Any other symptoms? Tbh that is a lot of fluids to be taking in. I would probably go to A&E if I were you, especially with tests being soon. Not good though :frown:
Original post by Mrs Cullen

This isn't medical advice, just practical. Either ring your college Tutorial Office or get a friend to go and speak to them. If they know, and as soon as possible, they can arrange for you to be able to take your exam in college, if you even feel well enough at all. If you can't take your exam, it's absolutely not the end of the world. Let them know, and that way you can stop worrying about the exam, and deal with getting better. I was ill last week, and knowing that the people in charge knew what was going on and that I didn't have to take the exam if I couldn't, it was a massive weight off my mind.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 197
so what exactly is going on at midsummer common?? went past it this morning and it looked interesting to say the least :wink:
Original post by Katala
so what exactly is going on at midsummer common?? went past it this morning and it looked interesting to say the least :wink:

Apparently there's an "It's a Knockout"-style event. I might go down later now my exams have finished. :jive:
Original post by Katala

Strawberry Fair :smile:

http://www.strawberry-fair.org.uk/

Latest

Trending

Trending