The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex_hk90
Which is/are the appropriate forum(s)?

Media and Research Opportunities
Reply 7681
Original post by Craghyrax
Films

I love 500 days (of summer) and its got a fantastic sound track.

TWW I have draw something but cycle through obsessing over it and ignoring it totally.

Bah insomnia why must you blight me so?!
Reply 7682

There is no irony. Chocolate contains enough caffeine to affect sleep. As for the stupor - when you have a big insulin spike in response to sugar, you get a short buzz followed by a bad crash. So that's to be expected too.

Sorry, I meant the irony of managing to be woken up early by it as well...

Funnily enough, last night I slept with my phone off.
Original post by smilepea
I love 500 days (of summer) and its got a fantastic sound track.

TWW I have draw something but cycle through obsessing over it and ignoring it totally.

Bah insomnia why must you blight me so?!

Reply 7684
Sorry if you've seen this on facebook, but:

That awkward moment when you open the front door to your landlords having sex in the front room...
Sorry if you've seen this on facebook, but:

That awkward moment when you open the front door to your landlords having sex in the front room...

Hope you claim like 1 month/1 week's free rent due to the distress of this....
Original post by gethsemane342
Done - though I suspect a combination of being teetotal and hating alcohol means my opinions make no sense :tongue:

Actually that'll still be pretty helpful, thank you!

I'm sorry to be critical. I stopped filling it out part way through because it was pointless. I don't associate different types of alcohol with different people. And when I do, I usually didn't associate it with degrees of health, smoking and so on. The preset options I had to choose between did not represent actual views or expectations I had, so the only information I could give through that survey would be completely misrepresentative.
Its not that I don't want to help. I just think it can't help to supply inaccurate feedback!
The preset questions at the start didn't allow you to select postgrad degrees as your 'highest level of education', so that meant putting down inaccurate information.

And this bit was very unclear:

Spoiler

This is a classic example of the survey method being used inappropriately :p: But nevermind... its not your INT1 project, so you'll still be fine for the objectives of the stats assignment alone.

Ah I didn't realise, sorry! Thanks for not deleting/banning me!

And actually this is my INT1 project (the 50% part of it).... :p: I didn't want to put that spoiler bit in originally, but my supervisor and the ethics committee actually suggested that I should...

Thanks everyone! Now to spam my FB mates with it....
Original post by ArchedEdge

And actually this is my INT1 project (the 50% part of it).... :p: I didn't want to put that spoiler bit in originally, but my supervisor and the ethics committee actually suggested that I should...

Ah.
Its not the content that I have a problem with but the grammar! I still don't understand what the point was, so I think it possible others might be confused too :smile:

I followed the link to the proper personality test btw, thanks :smile:
Original post by ebam_uk
Hope you claim like 1 month/1 week's free rent due to the distress of this....

Ebam, not everyone in life is constantly on the lookout to make money out of people, you know :p:
Original post by ArchedEdge
Hi guysss, if you have a spare 5-10 minutes sometime soon, could you potentially do me a MASSIVE favour and fill in this survey for me? It's for my stats project this year and it's due in a month and I only started data collection the other week....(yeah I know... :p:)

http://cambridge.qualtrics.com//SE/?SID=SV_7Qn4pDcnEsOJ8FK

I will repay however I can!

Done it (although I don't really associate alcohol types with personality that much, but hope it helps).

And sympathy for those doing PPS assignments...my Long Essay is going nowhere fast and my only excuse is that I'm a linguist, not a social scientist...
Original post by Crazy_emz

And sympathy for those doing PPS assignments...my Long Essay is going nowhere fast and my only excuse is that I'm a linguist, not a social scientist...

:console: If you need any tips or proof reading I'm happy to help.
:console: If you need any tips or proof reading I'm happy to help.

Thanks! (have tried to spoiler the rest so as not to annoy everyone else)

Spoiler

Original post by Crazy_emz

Spoiler

I never covered that, sorry :o: Could you PM me your email address. I probably have it but can't remember. I have an article that might be interesting (or it might not but worth sending it in case) to you.
I never covered that, sorry :o: Could you PM me your email address. I probably have it but can't remember. I have an article that might be interesting (or it might not but worth sending it in case) to you.

Thanks, have PM-ed you! :smile:
Reply 7694

Oh also starter for 10 if you've not seen it :love:
Oh also starter for 10 if you've not seen it :love:

Just looked it up and it sounds awesome, thanks! :yy:
Original post by Athena
My bedder seems to hate my boyfriend. If she sees me, I usually get a smile; if he spots her, he gets a scowl, and if she sees the two of us together, we almost always get a communal scowl. She's a cleaner in an undergraduate hostel - she must be pretty used to people having overnight guests, and my bf is a whole lot politer and more considerate (esp. with keeping the kitchen tidy) than most other people on my floor :s-smilie:

Jealousy?
So Hotel Chocolat did have stuff on sale, but I have to say it wasn't that great. Particularly in comparison to last year. At half price, most of the things were just about the same price as their full price regular products. Regrettably once in the shop I couldn't resist buying stuff anyway :o: But I didn't buy as much as I would have done. Perhaps its a blessing.

I have some Hotel Chocolat eggs from Jo Brand. Tru dat. (Not that we've met: I just have her chocolates...)

In other news, I would like to canvas the help of CamChatters. For my journalism course we have to make a 12-minute documentary. I would like to do mine about Cambridge access and talk to some working-class students at Cambridge (ideally who went to schools with little or no history of Oxbridge offers). If any of you know (or indeed are!) such people, could you PM me and/or put me in contact with them? It's not for broadcast but I will be hugely grateful, and all participants will have a free formal on me! I know a fair few of you are involved in access and I would also like to film some access events - in either London or Cambridge - so any heads up will be welcome. :smile:

I will likely post on the general TSR Cambridge forum later on, but CamChat makes a good, friendly starting point.
Original post by Chess Piece Face
I have some Hotel Chocolat eggs from Jo Brand. Tru dat. (Not that we've met: I just have her chocolates...)

Erm... is that someone I'm supposed to know? :lolwut:

I will likely post on the general TSR Cambridge forum later on, but CamChat makes a good, friendly starting point.

See my posts a page back on where you're allowed to do that.
(edited 12 years ago)
Erm... is that someone I'm supposed to know? :lolwut:

Yes; she's one of the few famous female comedians in Britain. She also came to the Union a year or two ago - it was fully packed for around an hour before the start time if I remember correctly.

Latest

Trending

Trending