The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Melz0r
Try your tutorial office first and foremost - they'll either be able to get it themselves or will know how. Our Registrar is so wonderful :love:

Thanks - I've sent an email to the same person that sent the emails regarding graduation. :smile:
Reply 1021
Original post by alex_hk90
A couple of random Cambridgey questions:

1. How do we get our official transcripts? Do we have to order / pay for one and if so how do we do this?

2. A bit randomly, but do people at Girton and Homerton have to proceed to Senate House in the same way to get their degrees? It would be rather a trek if they did...

We got a bus to sidgewick, then processed from there. Though it broke on the way, so we had to wait for another. Added to the fun really.
Reply 1022
Original post by Slumpy
We got a bus to sidgewick, then processed from there. Though it broke on the way, so we had to wait for another. Added to the fun really.

:rofl:

Also, details on breakdown. Go! Mine:

Spoiler

(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1023
Original post by Gesar
:rofl:

Spoiler

Spoiler

Not too bad really, but probably close enough to the first borderline that I regret doing nothing over easter.
Original post by Gesar

Spoiler

You get a lot of detail. We just get a mark for each of our papers.
Reply 1025
the breakdowns seem incredibly complex :eek:
Reply 1026

It is nice to know what every single question you attempted got, but you can end up feeling cheated on certain questions!
Original post by Katala
the breakdowns seem incredibly complex :eek:

The Maths Tripos grading system is incredibly complex.
Reply 1028
Original post by Slumpy

Spoiler

Not too bad really, but probably close enough to the first borderline that I regret doing nothing over easter.

I forgot about merit mark. Mine was 583. You really did get an awful lot of betas :p: Apart from that Rep one, I either got pretty much 100% on a question or **** all... (mostly **** all tbh). And what was the paper 3 Galois? I can't remember.

Well, to have anything meaningful we have to be given the marks, number of betas and number of alphas. And once they've given us those its not much more effort for them to tell us where we got our alphas, and once they've done that they might as well tell us our marks.
(edited 12 years ago)
2. A bit randomly, but do people at Girton and Homerton have to proceed to Senate House in the same way to get their degrees? It would be rather a trek if they did...

At Homerton we make our own way to Kings (normally by bus/taxi although you could walk if you wanted) and then 'proceed' from there.
Original post by Carolus
I no longer remember what to do when I am not working, and I've only been at Cambridge for a year. I have already resorted to reading RHB in order to alleviate the symptoms.

Sleep, sleep and more sleep. That's what I've been doing :biggrin:
Reply 1031
Original post by Slumpy

PRSOM.

Also that was an awful lot of betas.

I ate a whole meal yesterday, it took me a bloody age but I did it!!! :woo:

Also new Uni Challenge!!!
Original post by Slumpy

The sufficient condition for 1/2.1 this year was m>639m > 639, apparently. I know I dropped an alpha in Number Fields, but I have no idea which question. Guess I'll have to wait for the papers to arrive...
Reply 1033
I love how much maths there is in working out what people got for maths! Mine is much less complex!

Spoiler

Original post by Melz0r
I love how much maths there is in working out what people got for maths!

:ditto:

Original post by Melz0r

Spoiler

Spoiler

Reply 1035
Original post by Melz0r
I love how much maths there is in working out what people got for maths! Mine is much less complex!

Spoiler

:eek: that's incredible!
Reply 1036
I've no idea if this should go here or in the Tripos thread... But somehow I apparently managed to get a first. I am speechless, and that's a rare thing indeed.
Reply 1037
I'm having a rare day of success on the ol' dissertation. I sit down every Tuesday to wrestle the next chunk out of my head and, most of the time, I might as well be pulling teeth for all the good it does me. Today, however, I've written half of what I wanted to write in under two hours.

Bizzare...
Original post by Melz0r

Spoiler

PRSOM...wow :eek: Which paper? Congrats! I remember being over the moon with 70 last year....
Original post by lp386
I've no idea if this should go here or in the Tripos thread... But somehow I apparently managed to get a first. I am speechless, and that's a rare thing indeed.

Congratulations! :woo: :biggrin: It's especially impressive as they give the least 1sts in Part I compared to IIA and IIB in Economics. :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending