The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by The West Wing
Sadly not, I'm jetting off to Queen' straight afterwards to perform again. I'm performing in the buttery at 11.30-12.30.

they're turning the buttery into a performance room? interesting. last year it was some "youtube cinema". in any case i will definitely come and find you.

how's the exams stuff coming along? you had your first yet? noticed your equity tweet. hope it's all ok now.
Reply 2
First page!
Also claiming my idea was the title, oooh yeeeah:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by Slumpy
First page!
Also claiming my idea was the title, oooh yeeeah:biggrin:

I think Craggy's going to come back and wonder what on earth I've let the place descend into :sigh:
Reply 4
Original post by Zoedotdot
I think Craggy's going to come back and wonder what on earth I've let the place descend into :sigh:

I also suspect a lot of people would be ashamed, rather than proud, of the title. This has never worried me before however:p:
Reply 5

PRSOM. :rofl:
Reply 6
Original post by Slumpy
I also suspect a lot of people would be ashamed, rather than proud, of the title. This has never worried me before however:p:

Well if anyone has any better suggestions I welcome them :p: I also suspect that like the tripos exam thread we'll get people coming in and being like 'lol, you're at cambridge and you have a nerdy thread title'.

Original post by Tortious

Haha, I got sigged!
Reply 7
Original post by Athena
Whenever I think I've been a TSR member too long, I think of people like Visesh :p:

Haha yes, my procrastination at work led me to look at some of the really old posts, I was amused to see the number of people who I've seen posting up until quite recently. I'm alarmed that I've already posted in 7 of the 9 Cambridge chat threads though :o:
:lurk:
Reply 9

:ditto:
I hate not being the geek. It's just not meant to ever happen. :frown: What is the 'it's over 90,000' reference? I don't get it. ;_;
Reply 11
Original post by Canned Door
I hate not being the geek. It's just not meant to ever happen. :frown: What is the 'it's over 90,000' reference? I don't get it. ;_;

There's a meme called "Over Nine THOUSAAAAAAND!" from Dragon Ball Z, I think. :smile:
Reply 12
There's a meme called "Over Nine THOUSAAAAAAND!" from Dragon Ball Z, I think. :smile:

Yeah, DBZ. A good episode that one, too!
Reply 13
Original post by Canned Door

To be fair, I only knew it because I have a mathmo boyfriend who shows me all of these things :p: Linguists are just inherently cooler than everyone else :cool:
Reply 14
To be fair, I only knew it because I have a mathmo boyfriend who shows me all of these things :p: Linguists are just inherently cooler than everyone else :cool:

Less geeky isn't the same as "inherently cooler". :wink:

However, since you've opened this can of worms, what would you guys say are some of the subject stereotypes? I think it's a given that Mathmos are insanely clever and lawyers have no morals... :p:
Reply 15

However, since you've opened this can of worms, what would you guys say are some of the subject stereotypes? I think it's a given that Mathmos are insanely clever and lawyers have no morals... :p:

Alas, I am actually pretty geeky. I just hide it well :wink:

I agree. Geekiness can be cool. :yep:
Reply 17
Alas, I am actually pretty geeky. I just hide it well :wink:

I'm so geeky that at times I feel I'm bordering on hipster! :nooo:
:O I didn't know that either, and I know too many memes :biggrin:
(This is partially just a subscription post too...)

Also - fun facts, Craggy was top poster, then Alex, smilepea and Zoe! :biggrin:
Reply 19
I made the top 10, hoorah!

Latest