The Student Room Group

Is it too late to apply to college?

I know a lot of sixth forms have already had their deadline but I've recently come to the decision that I really don't want to stay on at my school. I thought I did originally, hence not applying anywhere else, but circumstances have changed now.

so, yeah. is it too late?
I applied for one on friday as they still had the online form on their website but they haven't got back to me yet.

If I went to see my head of year and told her I wanted to go somewhere else instead would she be able to help me get a place, cause I know I've left it reeeeally late.

any advice anyone? should I contact the college individually?
Reply 1
It's quite late. What's wrong with it?
Reply 2
Original post by Markz123
It's quite late. What's wrong with it?

It's not the place, it's the people.
Reply 3
The college I'm going to is still accepting applications, so I guess there must be a lot of others too.
Reply 4
Original post by ktlaurenroe
I know a lot of sixth forms have already had their deadline but I've recently come to the decision that I really don't want to stay on at my school. I thought I did originally, hence not applying anywhere else, but circumstances have changed now.

so, yeah. is it too late?
I applied for one on friday as they still had the online form on their website but they haven't got back to me yet.

If I went to see my head of year and told her I wanted to go somewhere else instead would she be able to help me get a place, cause I know I've left it reeeeally late.

any advice anyone? should I contact the college individually?

I think the best thing now would be to wait unitl you get your results, and phone on results day to any colleges/sixth forms you thought of applying to.

Chances are, someone might have declined their offer/missed their grades etc.. so it might still not be late, and it is worth a go at least.

Quick Reply

Latest