The Student Room Group

What happens if I miss student finance deadline?

:confused:
The SLCG (Student Loan Company Gestapo) come to your house and forcibly make you complete the application...

You can still apply, they just won't guarantee you payment at the start of the term. So you may be without money for a few weeks when you start. It's just so they cover their backs. It's quite unlikely, so long as you get it done reasonably soon, but there is that possibility.
Reply 2
Original post by moneyballs2
The SLCG (Student Loan Company Gestapo) come to your house and forcibly make you complete the application...

You can still apply, they just won't guarantee you payment at the start of the term. So you may be without money for a few weeks when you start. It's just so they cover their backs. It's quite unlikely, so long as you get it done reasonably soon, but there is that possibility.

It's just that I've got offers, but haven't firmed anything yet. :dontknow:
Could I still apply for student finance?
Reply 3
Original post by Master.K

Yes. Just put down the University of your choice, any one, and when you do firm one you can alter your application to reflect this.

Not firmed? Did you not receive all your offers until really late? (So you need to choose your firm by 7 June?)

In that case, enter the details for the uni you're likely to be firming. You can always change it afterwards. Just get the application started, then if you need to change, you can quite easily through the website

whens your deadline?! everyones i know was may 5th
Reply 6
Original post by CarbonDeclare
whens your deadline?! everyones i know was may 5th

How though? :s-smilie:
It says on the website that it's 31st May.
it said on my UCAS in the WINDOW that pops up "you must reply to your offers by 5th may"
i know if changes for people depending on course and application but standardly..
How though? :s-smilie:
It says on the website that it's 31st May.

They meant the deadline for choosing a firm and insurance choice universities in UCAS.

If you had all your university offers by 31st March, then you would have had to choose your firm/insurance by 5th May. If you received all your replies by 6th May, you will have to choose your firm/insurance by 7th June.

If you've forgotten to choose before this deadline, you will find that all your choices will have been automatically updated by UCAS to 'declined', so doubly check UCAS to see. Hopefully it's just a case of you having until June to choose :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by CarbonDeclare
it said on my UCAS in the WINDOW that pops up "you must reply to your offers by 5th may"
i know if changes for people depending on course and application but standardly..

Oh......I thought you meant the student finance deadline.....I've got till 6th June for my ucas track. :smile:
Reply 10
Original post by moneyballs2

phewwwwwww *breaths sign of relief* :macarena:
Obviously the deadline has to be set to give them time to process everything. But student finance advisor and friends of mine have told me, the chances of you not getting a loan if you applied few weeks after the deadline is very low. It's also a way for them to cover their backs from being blamed if you don't get your loan as your start.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending