Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

University of York accommodation/college info and questions 2011/12

Announcements Posted on
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does all accommodation at York have Internet access in every room?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simzyy)
    Does all accommodation at York have Internet access in every room?
    Yes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    this is so unbelievably helpful!
    I've replied to my offers with York as firm but i haven't been sent out any info on accommodation. Seems weird because my stuff for UCL has to be in for 31 May.
    When do we properly apply for accommodation etc? is it all going to be last minute?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsValensi)
    this is so unbelievably helpful!
    I've replied to my offers with York as firm but i haven't been sent out any info on accommodation. Seems weird because my stuff for UCL has to be in for 31 May.
    When do we properly apply for accommodation etc? is it all going to be last minute?
    If you have an unconditional offer, it gets sorted out around June/July time, otherwise you get the info and the forms for accommodation (which should be online this year) after results day.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    ta very much!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    do you reckon they'd let me do it early? I have a conditional but I just got my grades in the jan exams. I may phone them hmmm
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    so is it like you get first pick if you have an unconditional?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blueberrymuffin)
    do you reckon they'd let me do it early? I have a conditional but I just got my grades in the jan exams. I may phone them hmmm
    You probably should - no harm in it.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Ooh, some of York Uni is now on google street view for anyone who wants to see some of it (although it looks a lot nicer in real life I think)

But if you go to the centre of town and go on Low Ousegate towards Bridge street there is a spooky bus that keeps moving forward whenever you go forward :O
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    could someone tell me how far campus is from the city centre? i haven't had a chance to visit yet!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsValensi)
    could someone tell me how far campus is from the city centre? i haven't had a chance to visit yet!
    i asked one of the students yesterday on the open day they said 10 min on bus 25 min walk
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    oh that sounds grand! thanks very much!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey was wondering how likely it is that you get into the colleges/house of your preference. I personally would like to go to either Alcuin or Fairfax house. Whats the chance of being successful?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deleuk)
    Hey was wondering how likely it is that you get into the colleges/house of your preference. I personally would like to go to either Alcuin or Fairfax house. Whats the chance of being successful?
    i dono i asked for James but got stuck in Hallifax...n/m its cheeper & i'll see have a good time
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I want to apply for Vanbrugh and I was wondering how realistic it would be to get a place there, everybody seems to be applying there

Do you get a first choice and like a back-up choice when applying for a college?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dewdrop<3)
    I want to apply for Vanbrugh and I was wondering how realistic it would be to get a place there, everybody seems to be applying there

Do you get a first choice and like a back-up choice when applying for a college?
    You rank your preferences 1-8 iirc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laser)
    You rank your preferences 1-8 iirc
    Are you likely to get your first choice, or is it a lottery?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teigan)
    Are you likely to get your first choice, or is it a lottery?
    If more people specify one place as their first choice than others, then it is randomly assigned, and then the same is applied to second choice, etc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    En-suite is overrated. College spirit is where it's at.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was just wondering does anyone know if all colleges are made up of both flats and corridors accommodation wise?
    which is more sociable? what is anyone else thinking of?

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: September 8, 2013
New on TSR

Strictly iPlayer

Will you still watch if some BBC programmes go online only?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.