The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York accommodation/college info and questions 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
laser
Just stumbled across these photos of Goodricke - it's actually looking really impressive :smile: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=283425&id=802985156

Cheers Laser, I can't wait to move in there. :smile:
University of York
York
I really want ensuite so think im going for James, Alcuin or Goodricke (new) but is college spirit better with standard accomodation and is the bathrooms ok is standard??
Reply 122
lazzyfuzzylou
Colleges which have corridors -

Goodricke
Langwith
Derwent
Old Vanbrugh

Colleges with houses/flats -
Halifax
New Vanbrugh
Alcuin
Fairfax House (part of Vanbrugh but slightly off campus)
James

I think new goodricke has both now. just to add
Ive lived in :
Langwith D Block that was an en-suite room n that room was nice n right in the middle of campus
Halifax college st larence court which wasan absolute dive i hated every moment of it
im now in a nurses block (Langwith E Block)which has just had new carpets fitted today & its so much better than halifax but not as good as the ensuite as D block
Reply 124
Ellafabulous
Ive lived in :
Langwith D Block that was an en-suite room n that room was nice n right in the middle of campus
Halifax college st larence court which wasan absolute dive i hated every moment of it
im now in a nurses block (Langwith E Block)which has just had new carpets fitted today & its so much better than halifax but not as good as the ensuite as D block

I was in st lawrence court in my first year, transferred to new goodricke now. :yes:
Ozy
I was in st lawrence court in my first year, transferred to new goodricke now. :yes:

its a hell hole....mind u goodricks not much better
what house were u in when u lived in halifax
Out of James, Alcuin or Goodricke which is the most partyish??
Reply 127
Ellafabulous
its a hell hole....mind u goodricks not much better
what house were u in when u lived in halifax

Goodricke is awesome. I'm not bothered about accommodation quality, my parents didn't live in a mansion and I didn't have an ensuite bedroom at home so it's not like I miss having a shower in my room, it's the college spirit in goodricke that I loved. I spend most of my time in 'cell block c'. :smile:

Halifax just felt really isolated. We didn't have a common room either because JJs was always locked and rarely open during the day.

I was in house E in 07/08 before I left Uni. :wink:
Reply 128
Ozy

:biggrin: were going to have the best rooms on campus :biggrin:
Reply 129
imhiya
:biggrin: were going to have the best rooms on campus :biggrin:

Haha, the later letter houses were newer than the early letter houses.

House E, and all that block of houses had radiators from the 60s or something. It was quiet good in the way that you could use it as a bench by your window. :p:
Ozy

Halifax just felt really isolated. We didn't have a common room either because JJs was always locked and rarely open during the day.

I was in house E in 07/08 before I left Uni. :wink:

i know what you mean Halifax is so lonly. I live in house R up untill 4 weeks ago urgh it was horrid
Reply 131
Ellafabulous
i know what you mean Halifax is so lonly. I live in house R up untill 4 weeks ago urgh it was horrid

Oh you would have lived with my mate's Gf then, Laura. :p:
Ozy
Oh you would have lived with my mate's Gf then, Laura. :p:

take it you know Dave lol
Reply 133
Ellafabulous
take it you know Dave lol

Yeah, he's on my course and pretty much lived with me in house E back in the day. Did you meet our friend Rob? :p:
Ozy
Yeah, he's on my course and pretty much lived with me in house E back in the day. Did you meet our friend Rob? :p:

ye once or twice i only lives there from may till july tho
i'll add u to facebook its easyer 2 talk through that :smile:
ooo i got an info pack type thing from york on tuesday! :smile: cool stuff! :smile:, get to choose my accom on monday! ar!...still keep changing my mind about where to go...hmmm
oo whats the pack thing contain!! Does anyone know if Alcuin colege is very oversubscribed?
It wasn't very informative really, just a letter and a few booklets -welfare, MAD, accom, freshers. I've got an unconditional - so i guess i get it before most?
Are there any postgrads looking to share a private house/flat for the coming year? I don't have one I'm looking for one.
Reply 139
mad-cow18
I really want ensuite so think im going for James, Alcuin or Goodricke (new) but is college spirit better with standard accomodation and is the bathrooms ok is standard??

This is what i want to know as well..

Especially since I have to apply tomorrow and I still haven't close to decided what choices to put down :woo:

Quick Reply

Latest