Scroll to see replies

Reply 1500
Original post by hannahkennedy
Goodricke, Janet Baker, Flat 24, hi :smile:

Goodricke Janet Baker flat 43!! first person i found in my court thing. :cool:
University of York
York
Original post by Prepare-Yourself
I also would love to swap, my offer is for Lindley Court Halifax House I :smile:

I was more hoping to swap with someone on the main campus, or in particular Goodricke (as it's by my dept. TV and film). But thank you anyway :smile:
Original post by protectthecats
I've been given D block in Derwent college I was wondering can you see the lake and heslington hall from that block?
Also what is heslington hall used for?

Me too! Which room are you?
Original post by Lindeford
I was more hoping to swap with someone on the main campus, or in particular Goodricke (as it's by my dept. TV and film). But thank you anyway :smile:

No probs and I don't blame you :wink:
Reply 1504
Original post by (Online)
Halifax, St. Lawrence Court, House F :biggrin:

SL/F208, does that mean I'm on the second floor room 8?

ooh I'm Halifax, St Lawrence Court, House E. SL/E203.

I think it means the top floor as there are three floors and some people seem to be 001 (i.e. on the ground floor) :smile:
Original post by Sophie.G
ooh I'm Halifax, St Lawrence Court, House E. SL/E203.

I think it means the top floor as there are three floors and some people seem to be 001 (i.e. on the ground floor) :smile:

Hey neighbour :biggrin: Yeah that's what I thought, yay for top floor haha.
Reply 1506
I looked on the site and we might get exciting skylight windows! Although I read somewhere that the top floor is designated quiet :/ No antisocially playing Rebecca Black for me then
I thought it was certain vanbrugh blocks that had the top floors as quiet... I think it would have said in the offer in it was a quiet area... Not sure though.

Ohh skylights!! That'll be pretty cool! I'm right in thinking the majority has been refurbished?
Reply 1508
Oh good, yeh I guess it probably would have said so. I hope its getting refurbished as its pretty old accomodation! Still 20 people to an oven though :biggrin: Tempted to crack out the D of E Trangia stove

I looked on the site and we might get exciting skylight windows! Although I read somewhere that the top floor is designated quiet :/ No antisocially playing Rebecca Black for me then

St. Lawrence doesn't have a quite block. Plus, all the walls are really thick - I could play my music pretty much full blast without annoying too many people and only occasionally heard another guy from the house next door when he was DJing.
i haven't been allocated accomadation yet is something wrong
Reply 1511
Original post by Eclairattack

Contact the University.
Reply 1512
I have a quick question. James College has told me that I have to move in on the 5th because I'm not a British citizen. But, I'm a UK resident and have been for about half a decade. What's the point of going to that orientation if I'm basically a home student outside of one slight technicality?
Reply 1513
Original post by Karvid
I have a quick question. James College has told me that I have to move in on the 5th because I'm not a British citizen. But, I'm a UK resident and have been for about half a decade. What's the point of going to that orientation if I'm basically a home student outside of one slight technicality?

Why not give them a ring about it?
Can't hurt. It's not as though they'll be petty about it if you don't need the orientation- it's more work for them, after all.
Original post by Eclairattack

I haven't been allocated either. I applied August 22nd 10.30pm, how about you?
Reply 1515
Is accommodation provided for all 3 years at York?
Original post by AVFC127
Is accommodation provided for all 3 years at York?

No. In second and third year you have to live in private accommodation.
Hey! Sophie G. you're right, 203 will be on the top floor. I didn't have one of those rooms, but my housemates seemed to enjoy them :smile:

You should be ok for ovens and hobs. If they've done all the houses the same, you'll actually have 3 ovens (12 hobs) for 20 people! Getting excited?
Reply 1518
Original post by Its A Catch 22
I haven't been allocated either. I applied August 22nd 10.30pm, how about you?

Hey, I applied on 23rd of August in the morning, and I still haven't heard anything either.

I emailed them a few days ago, and they said that as long as my application was submitted before the deadline which it definitely was, then I will be guaranteed accommodation but it feels a bit strange having to wait so long.
Reply 1519
Original post by tomlocke
Hey, I applied on 23rd of August in the morning, and I still haven't heard anything either.

I emailed them a few days ago, and they said that as long as my application was submitted before the deadline which it definitely was, then I will be guaranteed accommodation but it feels a bit strange having to wait so long.

It's possibly down to the fact that it's a different application system this year - when I applied for my accommodation two years ago, we did it on results day and it said that you would hear within a week. Fairly certain this was the case last year too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending