The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by neillya1
Good luck :h:

I need to get away on a holiday but no one wants to go or can afford it, and I don't fancy going alone really :sad:

Come visit me in Berlin, srsly.
Reply 41
Original post by dbmag9
Come visit me in Berlin, srsly.

I'd be hopeless getting there on my own, I can't speak a word of German for starters :tongue:
Reply 42
I'd be hopeless getting there on my own, I can't speak a word of German for starters :tongue:

Take a plane? Berlin's easy to get to.
Original post by badger-man
Dexter the TV show? If so, that's my favourite TV series. It's incredible.

Yes! It's amazing. Also Dexter and Deb are SO hot! :ahee:
I don't like Miguel though (season 3). He should just go away. He's annoying.
Original post by dbmag9
Hey gays, I'm in Berlin! :woo:

I have a new phone (and a new German number for it). Otherwise, not really much to report. How are we all?

How's Berlin so far? I need to visit sometime. I've never been. It's like 5 hours away from moi. If you find an apartment, let me know, so I can couchsurf, yes? :p:
Reply 45
My suntan is peeling off rather rapidly :frown: I think half my epidermis just washed off in the bath :frown:. Even my arse is peeling! Somehow the top half of it is tanned :rofl:
Reply 46
Original post by BeyondandAbove
How's Berlin so far? I need to visit sometime. I've never been. It's like 5 hours away from moi. If you find an apartment, let me know, so I can couchsurf, yes? :p:

It's good so far - really hot, except for the random thunderstorm earlier. If I find an apartment big enough to have space for people, everyone can come over. :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by dbmag9
Take a plane? Berlin's easy to get to.

True. I just have this (irrational) fear of going places I've never been on my own :tongue: I wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone/know where anything is/know what there is to do etc......

Original post by BeyondandAbove

This - LGBTsocBerlin meetup :awesome:
Reply 48
True. I just have this (irrational) fear of going places I've never been on my own :tongue: I wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone/know where anything is/know what there is to do etc......

You can get by in Berlin (and the rest of Germany) with only English. But I like the idea of a TSRLGBTSCTBM: just don't expect me to have flawless knowledge of everywhere to go by then.
Aaaarghghg. Brain fried.
Reply 50
Original post by dbmag9
You can get by in Berlin (and the rest of Germany) with only English. But I like the idea of a TSRLGBTSCTBM: just don't expect me to have flawless knowledge of everywhere to go by then.

What kind of things do you do over there on your own? Doesn't it get a bit boring?..... Would be interested to know, maybe you can persuade me to go somewhere alone :h:
Reply 51

You should have watched the episode of Top Gear that was on Dave earlier today. It had Sabine Schmitz and a couple of other Germans racing Clarkson et al, and when Jeremy started shunting her car, it kept cutting to shots of her swearing in German with English subtitles...though one which was nothing but swears was subtitled:
"oh bother"
:rofl:
Reply 52
Original post by Dalimyr
You should have watched the episode of Top Gear that was on Dave earlier today. It had Sabine Schmitz and a couple of other Germans racing Clarkson et al, and when Jeremy started shunting her car, it kept cutting to shots of her swearing in German with English subtitles...though one which was nothing but swears was subtitled:

I did watch that :rofl: I recognised "Shize" or however it's spelt :tongue:
Hey guys, not sure whether to post this on the serious discussion thread or not but this seems more active...
...I was wondering if anybody would be happy to chat to me about how they realised they were bi (or gay, I guess it doesn't really matter that much!)...I'm just in a bit of a confused place, have been for a while, and I'm not really sure how I feel etc. etc. and just kinda wanted to talk to someone who might have gone through similar things. So if anybodys up for a chat, please PM me :smile: (although I'm pretty tired so it would probably be tomorrow :P)
Hey, darlings.
Reply 55
Original post by Jace Falco
You condensed my spam, you arse!

All I've got to say to that :p:

neillya1
I just have this (irrational) fear of going places I've never been on my own :p: I wouldn't be able to communicate with anyone/know where anything is/know what there is to do etc......
Don't worry, you're far from being alone there. Though I've had bad experiences when going to places I'm unfamiliar with, even when I'm with people I know - at a TSR mod meet in London a few years ago we had to use the underground to get somewhere, and I had to pay for a ticket while most of the others had oyster cards or whatever; they didn't notice they'd left me behind and I was in quite a panic phoning everyone up to ask where they'd gone :frown: Being lost in the middle of London is not something I'd like to experience again :no:
Original post by Dalimyr

All I've got to say to that :p:

Cross-dressing in the name of the law!
Reply 57
Original post by Dalimyr

That episode always makes me wet myself laughing!!!
Reply 58
Techier people: my laptop keeps being able to connect to the Wifi at this hostel, then not actually getting through to the internet. It's just started working again now, but any advice on getting it a bit more reliable? It works fine for everyone else.

What kind of things do you do over there on your own? Doesn't it get a bit boring?..... Would be interested to know, maybe you can persuade me to go somewhere alone :h:

I'm planning on doing a language course for a few weeks, then hopefully getting some kind of work somewhere. If it ends up getting too boring, there's always the possibility of converting to a Eurotrip. :p:
Reply 59
Original post by dbmag9
I'm planning on doing a language course for a few weeks, then hopefully getting some kind of work somewhere. If it ends up getting too boring, there's always the possibility of converting to a Eurotrip. :p:
Make sure you watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0450278/ before you do :ninja:

Latest

Trending

Trending