The Student Room Group
Reply 1
MFL A Levels are very different to an English A Level. So it's not considered the same in that respect.

A lot of universities won't include a mother tongue language A Level in an offer.
Reply 2
I've heard it's really hard to do well in a foreign language subject which is your mother tongue, because you don't know what the examiners are looking for etc.
Reply 3
it's not as easy as you'd imagine. I mean translating exercises require adeptness in English, which is their foreign language...
Plus, just like many many MANY (if TSR is anything to go by) English people who can't speak English properly/don't have a grasp of the language/constructs/grammar etc, it's the same for foreign people too.

I had a German girl in my German class at uni and she got stuff wrong too.
Reply 4
well at any rate it is much easier for them (granted it may not be a walk in the park for the afore mentioned reasons) however there really is no point in some ways, easy or not most universities will not accept a MFL that is your mother language so that A grade becomes a bit of a waste of a subject choice
Reply 5
Oh i didn't realise most unis would not accept them. The people i have heard talk about it are expecting a good grade to boost their ucas points :eek: :eek:
Reply 6
It's really only a way of proving on your CV that you really do speak the language, I think.

Latest

Trending

Trending