The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I agree with you they are essential to us and people just think they are not and we use them as an excuse xxxxxxxxx
Reply 61
pikaboo
If you need painkillers then it sounds like a medical condition, indeeeed.
i take 400mg ibrofen and 200-400mg paracetamol every 6 hours for at least 5 days a month so i can carry on with my life or im stuck in so much pain i cant stop crying
Reply 62
See and we have to go through childbirth!

TAMPONS ON THE NHS!!!
Reply 63
keyka
I don't think they should be made free, but tax should definately be removed- how can they be classed as non-essential- the only alternatives are allowing ourselves to get covered in blood or sitting on a toilet/in an empty bath for 5 days, neither of which are really very practical.

Mooncups are an alternative, and you only have to buy one once every few years :rolleyes:
Reply 64
Helenia
What is annoying is that we have to pay VAT on them, because the government classes them as a "non-essential item." Now THAT annoys me.

I thought in the last budget tax was taken off them?

But yes, tampons etc should definitely be free on the NHS. If people are now getting fertility treatments then surely this is a worthy cause, what with it being essential and stuff.

EDIT: take a look at http://www.guardian.co.uk/budget2000/article/0,2763,184456,00.html

Cxx

Latest

Trending

Trending