The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

Today:
Stats 2 Practice Paper
FP3 - Series and Limits
Physics - Finish Capacitors Chapter

Hoping to get at least these three tasks done today :smile:
Original post by non
when everyone writes notes do you write them word for word or almost word for word from your text book or do you write them short hand?

I tend not to copy them out word for word as the idea of notes is that they are shortened. I usually write out a summary of the paragraph in my words or if I really can't be bothered then I write using shorthand with lots of strange abbreiviations :tongue:
Reply 4422
My plan today:
Camp out in the library and finish F324 chemistry booklets. Still some things I don't understand unfortunately, so going to have to wait until the holidays are over before I can bombard my teacher with my questions.
Also planning to start F325 revision. The library is such a nice place to revise. :cool:
Reply 4423
Original post by non
today

History - notes

History - Questions

Biology - Notes

Biology - Questions

i didn't finish anything yesterday, except almost the History notes i really must not procrastinate i must finish everything on this list by the end of today.
(edited 12 years ago)
ICT Project:
- Finish User manual (I don't even know if I'm doing the right thing, but oh well :tongue:)
- Redesign validation
- Redesign programming code (flowcharts and pseudocode)

Done alot of the user manual so far. Still have to explain all queries and how to use them :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 4425
Original post by Harriet : )
They're from OCR unit 2 :smile: However its a pack my college gives us and its not availble online and to be honest the questions are very similar to the ones in the textbook. However I did find these notes on TSR- they're excellent and cover the whole of Unit 2- I'll attach them if you haven't seen them already :smile:

Those notes are really helpful and worth reading. Thanks a lot really. But have you got something specific for Edexcel Biology Unit 2 or Unit 4?
So far today I have done:
-C1 paper
-C2 paper
-C3 paper
-Geography report plan.

Just about to do an M1 paper.

I hope to get on to making maths posters (trig, differentiation and transformations) and maybe some economics work too.
Original post by Dr.Acula
Today:
- Amino acids, peptides and proteins
- Notes on motivation
- Gene technology.

Really can't be bothered doing anything today, but going to try and do:
- Polymerisation
- Write up notes on/revise human resource management.
Going to read through my notes on Psychology - Making a Case finally finished this :redface:

and then I might do some of the homework I've just remembered that I've been set :K:
(edited 12 years ago)
Just did about 3/4 of my Philosophy essay in one go, and finished my notes on Virtue Ethics so I'm quite pleased :smile:

For the rest of tonight:

*Reading Spanish articles on education
*Looking at the la vida urbana vocab
*Revise the second half of WW1 notes
*2 resource record sheet things
Original post by M Kh
Those notes are really helpful and worth reading. Thanks a lot really. But have you got something specific for Edexcel Biology Unit 2 or Unit 4?

Nope sorry :/ I do OCR, so dont have anything specific for Edexcel :/
Original post by ninegrandstudent
So far today I have done:
-C1 paper
-C2 paper
-C3 paper
-Geography report plan.

Just about to do an M1 paper.

I hope to get on to making maths posters (trig, differentiation and transformations) and maybe some economics work too.

What time did you start working to get all that done?!?
Reply 4432
Just looked at a past paper for Geology and I now want to find a very tall cliff. :argh:
Original post by 1platinum
What time did you start working to get all that done?!?

Just after 9 I think...with breaks between papers (and a facebook check as I was marking :tongue:).

After that, I managed to get an M1 paper, and some maths revision done. Not quite as productive as I'd have liked today, but I've been up since just after 4 :frown:
Today:
Biology - Notes on plant cells, chloroplasts, tissues/organs and starch.
Maths - Sequences practice questions
Geography - Begun notes on globalisation.

Tomorrow:
Chemistry - extraction of metals
Biology - continue with notes on exchange booklet.
Reply 4435
Original post by Mocking_bird
Today:
Biology - Notes on plant cells, chloroplasts, tissues/organs and starch.
Maths - Sequences practice questions
Geography - Begun notes on globalisation.

Tomorrow:
Chemistry - extraction of metals
Biology - continue with notes on exchange booklet.

Are you doing AQA Chem 2?
Original post by AmyLH
Are you doing AQA Chem 2?

Yeah :smile: I guess you are too? :biggrin:
If so, how are you finding it?
Reply 4437
Original post by Mocking_bird
Yeah :smile: I guess you are too? :biggrin:
If so, how are you finding it?

I am :smile:
I'm finding it alright. Memorising them extraction of metals equations are a bitch though :frown:
Tomorrow (I will get up earlier!):

*Spanish corrections on exam paper
*Spanish vocab - la vida urbana, 2 articles to get vocab from (education and society related)
*Revise grammar cards
*Do two more grammar exercises from the book - I'll do this tomorrow, cba today :colondollar:
*Go through a translation exercise
*Do 2 resource records at least
*Reread other controversy notes - will do this tomorrow as well!
*Paragraph of Philosophy essay
*Rereading introductory chapter quickly

Looks like a lot, but they're a lot of small things that I need to do. I'm going to prioritise Spanish tomorrow as I've been neglecting it a bit lately.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Just after 9 I think...with breaks between papers (and a facebook check as I was marking :tongue:).

After that, I managed to get an M1 paper, and some maths revision done. Not quite as productive as I'd have liked today, but I've been up since just after 4 :frown:

Wow that's really good! How are you finding M1?

Meanwhile I have finally started revision properly today and hammered some C3. :colone:

Quick Reply

Latest