The Student Room Group

The Magnificently Revamped Superduper Shiny Revision Thread 2011/12

Scroll to see replies

I guess I shouldnt be so ungrateful then :laugh:
I just thought it was pretty awkwardly timed anyway.

Anywhoo, revision plan for today:
* C2 - solving trigonometic equations
* C2 - trig identities

* C2 - Binomial expansion
* C2 - Recap radians
* Maybe attempt C2 past paper... despite not doing Logs in class yet.
* CHEM2 - Energetics definitions
* BIOL2 - Begin DNA revision
* GEO1 - Begin to make notes from mark schemes.

Quite small topics, besides the biology one and geography, so hopefully won't take too long.
Today :

Chem5 Thermodynamics
Chem5 thermo past exam questions

C3 chapter 6 and mixed exercise
C3 chapter 7 and mixed exercise
BIO4 specimen paper
BIO5 Essay question
C4 Intergration exc 6E
Original post by isp
Just curious has anyone started past papers yet for two or more of their subjects?

The only subject I’m doing complete past papers for is Maths.

Original post by 1platinum
C3?

No, I’m with WJEC and I think the people doing it this Summer have it on 1st June.

Original post by Mocking_bird
I guess I shouldnt be so ungrateful then :laugh:
I just thought it was pretty awkwardly timed anyway.

Got my message across then. :laugh:

I always did have you pegged as an ungrateful one. :tongue:

I will agree that it isn’t the best timing for you, but I don’t think it’s going to affect your performance or anything.
Reply 4803
Today:
- Go over all of module 1 for f212
- Go over group 2
- Go over energetics
- Chem2 past paper
- Go over all of the fossil/rock dating stuff
- Gl1 past paper
- C2 past paper 87% :bhangra:
- Textbook questions on: probability, confidence intervals, and normal distribution
- S1 past paper
Hi everyone :hello:, I'm an A2 student studying Theology & Ethics, History and English lit. I've decided that I'm going to post on here daily for the rest of the holidays too keep me motivated, good luck everyone! :smile:

Today so far;

Conflict in the 4th Gospel
Paradise Lost Books 1 & 2 re-read

Still to do...

Dracula, either revise a theme or plan a past paper exam essay

Irish History - 1912 3rd Home Rule Bill as a turning point in Anglo-Irish relations

Original post by AmyLH

- C2 past paper 87% :bhangra:

:thumbsup:
Reply 4806
Today:
CHEM5- Revise 'Redox Equilibria'
Start revising 'Reactions of inorganic compounds in aqueous solution'
BIOL5 - Finish preparing for ISA
Revise 'Homeostasis'
Do Examination Questions
CHEM2 (Synoptic Revision) - Revise 'Halogens'
Revise 'Alkaline Earth Metals'
Practice questions for both topics

Going to push on and finish my list for once!!
To do:
Bio Unit 3
Phys ch 3 and 5 and questions
2nd update :tongue:

* C2 - solving trigonometic equations
* C2 - trig identities
* C2 - Binomial expansion
* C2 - Recap radians
* Also ended up doing some indices questions
* Maybe attempt C2 past paper... despite not doing Logs in class yet.
<- only did about a quarter of it, but it was just making me feel crappy so i'm going to leave them till i've revised everything.
* CHEM2 - Energetics definitions
* BIOL2 - Begin DNA revision Doing now, almost half way through. Just got stuff on alleles, mitosis and meiosis and then i'm done. Though I might leave that till tomorrow and begin energetics.
* GEO1 - Begin to make notes from mark schemes.
Just got through the entire section on Organic Synthesis. Phew!!! Unit 5 syllabus complete! now to get through some questions!
Today :

Chem5 Thermodynamics
Chem5 thermo past exam questions

C3 chapter 6 and mixed exercise
C3 chapter 7 and mixed exercise
BIO4 specimen paper
BIO5 Essay question
C4 Intergration exc 6E
Reply 4811
Where do you guys get the motivation to do so much in a day?! :frown:... Also, Doing my first ever retake and no have no idea whether to just teach myself from the very beginning or just create notes as it seems pretty simple the 2nd time round? (this is BUSS2 AQA btw).. And anyone doing AQA Core 4 maths?.. have you guys started revision for this, ie, going through questions or should i wait and get ahead on core 3 while i can? :smile:
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so little work done... silly hospital appointments :colonhash:

Original post by hits109
Where do you guys get the motivation to do so much in a day?! :frown:... Also, Doing my first ever retake and no have no idea whether to just teach myself from the very beginning or just create notes as it seems pretty simple the 2nd time round? (this is BUSS2 AQA btw).. And anyone doing AQA Core 4 maths?.. have you guys started revision for this, ie, going through questions or should i wait and get ahead on core 3 while i can? :smile:

Break it up and it'll build up over the day :yes: 30 minutes at a time works for me :smile:
ICT Project:
- Do print screens for all of testing

Computing:
- Comment at least 3 files
Original post by hits109

Motivation comes from not doing the same thing for too long, split it up and take breaks whenever you need to.

& If i was doing a resit i'd revise from the very start... just to be entirely sure you don't mess up/do get the grade you wanted.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Mocking_bird
Motivation comes from not doing the same thing for too long, split it up and take breaks whenever you need to.

& If i was doing a resit i'd revise from the very start... just to be entirely sure you don't mess up/do get the grade you wanted.

Exactly this. It's also the reason why I don't like to plan what I'm going to revise as such, but rather decide that I am going to revise and then let my mood guide me. (obviously ensuring that I don't neglect something just because I dislike it, as that is heading for a fail)

Again, exactly this. I would have the 'leave no stone unturned' mentality.
Reply 4816
Wanna finish all this physics by 7:30
Then as long as it takes to finish English

Bring it on.
Reply 4817
Original post by Tullia

I see. I haven't started any for Maths yet (haven't even revised any topics for it or done any questions for Maths during the Easter break so no point in moving onto past papers yet for me)
Reply 4818
Original post by Tullia

I see - I've just been concentrating on other subjects and pretty much been making notes. I haven't started any papers for Maths yet (haven't even revised any topics for it or done any questions for Maths during the Easter break so no point in moving onto past papers yet for me)

Original post by ElMoro
Wanna finish all this physics by 7:30
Then as long as it takes to finish English

Bring it on.

A2 or AS? Which novels are you studying?
Reply 4819
Going to start posting frequently in here

PSY:

- Finish notes on Cognitive

Maths:

D1: Finish everything up to Route Inspection, and make a start on Critical Path
C2: Trig

Doubt I'll get the Maths done today as i'm going out tonight.

Quick Reply

Latest